• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Punk kids on the road

johnparker903

Reaction score
Visit site
I was driving home from work today and i passed a car with three frat looking guys in a little Yaris. The two passengers were drinking coronas so i wanted to get far away from them so i sped up and left them. About 20 minutes later they came flying by and the guy in the back seat flipped me off and they kept going...oh well. No big deal. They got ahead and then started slowing down and the guy in the back seat rolled down his window. I just slowed down and let them stay ahead of me.

This is the first issue ive ever had with anyone on the road.

Anyone deal with this issue or their own story on the road?

Not much i could do because im on a bike and they are in a car so i just let them go ahead...damn punks...

You're best option is to walk away. Never know if they have a weapon.

Believe me when I tell you that folks like that will get themselves arrested without any one's help, and spend some time the do-right hotel.

No altercations on a motorcycle yet, but I've had all kinds on pedal bikes. Drinks thrown from windows, shouting obscenities, etc.

Three guys in a Yaris? Just take pity on them. Clearly they feel the need to compensate for something their live's are lacking. My bet would be never having the opportunity of getting laid. It's no wonder they have pent up hostility.

In 40 years of having a driver's license, it's happened to me on bicycles, motorcycles, cars, and even my former unmarked LEO vehicles. Of course, in the first three vehicle descriptions, I had to ignore and/or separate myself. In the unmarked vehicle, I gave them the attention they were craving ;).

I would have called the police. Isn't open liquor in a car illegal? It is in Canada. I can make calls using my Sena SMH10 via the Iphone. Give the plate number then follow from a distance. The police would have been on that in a heart beat.

I had one very bad event with a SUV on a lonely two lane highway in Nebraska. As I was riding along at the posted speed limit I noticed a Acura SUV parked in a rest area on my right side. Never thought anything of it. After about 10 minutes I noticed it coming up behind me and moving to the left to pass. When the car came along side of me he yanked the steering to the right to intentionally run me off the road. I was kind of anticipating something was odd when he went to pass so I was covering my brake. I was able to get on the brakes quick enough and combined with his speed he missed me. I had slowed right down and he sped off. It took me a half minute to collect myself then my anger started to build. I managed to catch up to him as he approached some slower vehicles and get the plate number. I pulled over to the side of the road to use my phone and call it in. I didn't think anything would come of it. When I got into the next town which was about 10 miles away I was looking for the guy thinking he might have pulled in somewhere. Off to my left I see him at a gas station filling up. I pulled in ready to confront him but the police are already there parked blocking his exit. I pulled my bike behind him, get off and start making my way over to punch a hole in his head. The trooper sees what I'm about to do and gets to me before I get to him. They check him out and make sure he doesn't have any weapons. No charges were laid because the troopers said it was my word against his and he denied everything. He was sent on his way and the troopers came over to make small talk long enough that I wouldn't find him again which was a good thing. It allowed me to cool down and not do anything that I could be arrested for. This happened about 8 years ago and it like it happened yesterday. While the troopers were looking through his SUV I took out my camera and took some pictures. I still have them somewhere and it show his vehicle and plate number. For the life of me I can't figure why he targeted me. What would possess someone to want to try and harm a perfect strange with no gain for themselves.

The lesson I learn was to not trust anyone on the road. I do believe that citizens need to do their part in protecting the rest of the public by reporting incidences and getting involved. You can't always rely on the police to be there. By involved I mean observing and reporting.

Last edited:
There was a while I wanted to make my own bumper sticker that would read " There are stupid drivers everywhere, in fact if you are reading this your probably one of them.." but I thought it was likely a good way to get into a fight in front of my kids, or I'd have to do the Russian thing and carry an Axe. There's something about someone with an Axe that says "you really don't want to mess with me today." :)

i would have called the cops if i had some kind of bluetooth way to do it. i'll look into that.

Sena SMH10. Worth every penny and has other benefits as well.

SMH10

SMH10-main-unit-7-500x362.jpg

You did the best thing, just leave the idiots well alone and ride off.

And then........

A couple of months later, after you've tracked them down, take them out one at a time. Hehe.

;)

I've never had any issues with overly aggressive drivers, but I have been stuck (in a car) BEHIND drunk drivers. I always let them go ahead because then I know they won't be able to ram in the back if me. Makes for a very slow drive sometimes but it's definitely safer.

One time I got stuck behind a sleepy semi truck driver who was making full use of all 3 lanes at 6am. He pulled off to a rest area before the cops got to him.

No altercations on a motorcycle yet, but I've had all kinds on pedal bikes. Drinks thrown from windows, shouting obscenities, etc.

Bicycle is where I've had the most issues... obscenities, people passing with in 6 inches of me (their side view mirror underneath my handlebars at times) fire crackers.

other bicycles I know have taken interesting measures, two have chased down drivers, one of them caught up with a driver and leaned his bike up against their front bumper at a stop sign while he had a conversation with the offending driver (I believe he was quoted as saying "I will drag you from your car a beat you in front of your children!") another came up next to the car at a stop light, reached in the open driver side window, pulled the keys from the ignition tossed them in the back seat, and told the driver in no simple terms that shit like that will not be tolerated in this state, and that his license plate will be reported... not to the police, but to people bigger and stronger than himself (after this guy was done chasing a car down at 30 mph on a bicycle those would have been some pretty big and strong dudes, had they not been imaginary...)

I had obscenities on a 20 mph road once (I was actually huffing along at 20 mph at the time, and much stronger than I am now) and decided I was done putting up with this shit and took off after the guy... I heard from the open windows that previously were used to shout obscenities at me "OH SHIT!" then they speed off... 1/4 mile down the road cherries light up behind them.... I road past and waved to the trooper, and thanked him for doing such a great job.

My other personal favorite instance of people in automobiles feeling invincible (and like jerks) was while I was at an out door archery range, 30-40 yard in front of me was a target, 20 yard further was a swamp, I was shooting at the dragon flies that landed on the hay bail (with a surprisingly good success rate maybe 1 out of every 10 shots)
30 yard behind me was the road, an old rust bucket drove past, and some one hanging out the window shouted "ARCHERY IS FOR FAGS!"
it was a fairly slow park road, plenty of bends on it (I should take the NC up there now that I think of it). For a few brief moments I considered a quick pivot and loosing an arrow into a body panel on the car... they wouldn't have penetrated far (field points) but it would have scared the shit out of the bastards... at $3 an arrow, I figured it wasn't worth it... not to mention the conversations with police, and the potential for jail time (assault with a deadly weapon)
I still have no idea what would drive someone to shout such a thing at some one who is literally holding a deadly weapon that they are easily with in range of... Best guess, their mother did some pretty hard core drugs when she was pregnant.

Haven't had any incidents on the NC yet, but have had several in the car on on the bicycle over the years. Also had someone try to hit me while walking on the side of the road. I lived in Iowa at the time and used to walk around a section everyday. About a quarter mile of the walk had to be on the two lane highway. Was walking one morning (always facing the traffic) and noticed the approaching car moving closer and closer to the side of the road and toward me. I thought he would correct, but he kept coming. I had to jump into the ditch to avoid the car. A farmer working in his field next to the highway, stopped his tractor and came over to see if I was OK. He said he couldn't believe what he had just witnessed.

Just yesterday, with only about 170 miles on my new NC700XD, I had someone in the back seat of a passing car throw an empty water bottle at the front wheel of my bike. It was a narrow country road and we were heading in opposite directions. They kind of let it go like a depth charge, more than having thrown it, but it definitely appeared that they were aiming for my front wheel. At first I thought it was a glass bottle but my brain seemed to process the fact that it didn't shatter when it hit the street before I could even identify what it was. It really happened fast!

Just yesterday, with only about 170 miles on my new NC700XD, I had someone in the back seat of a passing car throw an empty water bottle at the front wheel of my bike. It was a narrow country road and we were heading in opposite directions. They kind of let it go like a depth charge, more than having thrown it, but it definitely appeared that they were aiming for my front wheel. At first I thought it was a glass bottle but my brain seemed to process the fact that it didn't shatter when it hit the street before I could even identify what it was. It really happened fast!

It is pretty sad that kids can't find anything better to do that harass people, vandalize property, or otherwise be mischievous.

I pray that I raise my two boys to be better than that. I guarantee they will respect those that ride bikes because there is no doubt in my mind they will be riding.

I could go on a rant about this subject but will save everyone the pain

Back