• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Push buttons on the speedo are slightly Brown and slightly black

W

westgl

Push buttons on the speedo are slightly Brown and slightly black

Anybody elses like that.

I thought they supposed to be all black

Yeah, mine have that brown tinge too. I first noticed it right after i took it to the Honda dealer for
the chain swap. I figured the mechanic had grease on his fingers and that's what the brown came from.
Nope. It looks like its permanent.

Last edited:
Mine looks the same. I just figure it has that weathered well worn look. As long as they do the job I'm not too worried about the appearance.

I use some stuff by Turtle Wax called Black Chrome to bring back the black color of the buttons, but I imagine any of the products made to restore the shine to black automotive trim would work. It won't make it totally black, but at least on mine it takes away most of the brown.

Bob

im going to my dealer for a warranty issue wed so ill ask as my ncs has the same problem the thing is it looks like the rubber is breaking down, i work with rubber and powdering and discoloration are tell tail signs of cheep and nasty rubber.

I have my dealer going to get me new rubber push buttons and replace them under warranty

Back