• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rally Raid kit for NC700/750X

Yeah I hear you... And the African twin is the only one I would ever consider that's why I have a deposit down to try buy one but it's proving to be a real pain in the *** and very frustrating I can't get any answers on final price with taxes and set up and a Honda rep even came and talked to the dealer yesterday specifically about that and they still don't know it's just ridiculous. I am 10th on a list long list waiting for one the dealer said it could still be several months away by the time they have one for me. k.

Not to derail this thread........seems strange.......the prices for the AT is set.....MSRP is set at $12,999 for the base model, and $13,699 for the DCT version. And others have ship dates for their bike and expect to be riding them in the next 30 days.
I suspect another dealer might not have all the units pre sold. But if first in line expect to pay full retail as with most new products.

Last edited:
FYI here's the latest NC related comment from the Rally Raid CB500X build thread (from Wednesday):

Rally-Raid Products Honda CB500X | Page 152 | Adventure Rider

Great news from TracTive is that we recieved our standard height and lowered shock for the Honda NC750X along with a cartridge fork kit, so we might be getting a loan of a bike soon to try them out, and look at the feasibility of fitting our spoked wheels to the bigger brother of the CB500X.

So they are progressing it, but are apparently also very busy ramping up production of the existing CB500 parts.

FYI here's the latest NC related comment from the Rally Raid CB500X build thread (from Wednesday):

Rally-Raid Products Honda CB500X | Page 152 | Adventure Rider

So they are progressing it, but are apparently also very busy ramping up production of the existing CB500 parts.

This is good news hope the NC is high up on thier radar and something happens soon because I may just keep the NC and forget about the AT I think the NC would be a fantastic off road bike.

Not to derail this thread........seems strange.......the prices for the AT is set.....MSRP is set at $12,999 for the base model, and $13,699 for the DCT version. And others have ship dates for their bike and expect to be riding them in the next 30 days.
I suspect another dealer might not have all the units pre sold. But if first in line expect to pay full retail as with most new products.

From what I can see at this point is the bike will be msrp no deals however I am hearing some are dropping set up fees don't know if Honda them selves are providing the charges for set up for this the first shipment to jump start sales. It kind of makes sense seeing how the dealer still can not provide a total cost yet when I asked them specifically about dealer fees especially after the African twin rep for American Honda didn't have a answer for this when the salesman asked him a couple of days ago. I guess the Honda rep can not get a run down of what it should cost dealers to set it up so dealers can't set there fees yet seems fishy to me. They also don't know if Honda is going to release any special incentives. I am fully prepared to pay msrp if needed be but if the price is going to be another 1500.00 in set up and taxes with no deals or incentives I may walk I need something. I also won't be surprised if msrp goes up in 2017 for no changes. At any rate if it doesn't work out I am happy with my NC.

I'm not ready to jump on the AT bandwagon yet,I still like the S10 and have also thought about a used BMW1100-1150GS.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I wish we had some idea if and when Rally Raid is going to offer a suspension upgrade for the NCX.

I am ready to upgrade my suspension!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I wish we had some idea if and when Rally Raid is going to offer a suspension upgrade for the NCX.

I am ready to upgrade my suspension!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

There are other good ways to upgrade your suspension without waiting for RR !!.
Everybody that has upgraded did it with out RR ..

I will be interested in seeing how ( IF ) RR deals with our front rotor setup !!.
If they come up with a spoked wheel it will need a standard disc but it will need to be very large OR they will need to fabricate a caliper relocation bracket .

I will be interested in seeing how ( IF ) RR deals with our front rotor setup !!.
If they come up with a spoked wheel it will need a standard disc but it will need to be very large OR they will need to fabricate a caliper relocation bracket .

Am I missing something here. The NC and the cbx have the same front wheel/rotor design and they managed a 19inch wire wheel with a single rotor on it why would the NC be any different. I believe the only difference mostly is the cbx has about .5 degrees less in rake. They both use a 320mm front rotor with the same travel in the front forks with the NC having actually more travel in the rear than the cbx.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here. The NC and the cbx have the same front wheel/rotor design and they managed a 19inch wire wheel with a single rotor on it why would the NC be any different. I believe the only difference mostly is the cbx has about .5 degrees less in rake. They both use a 320mm front rotor with the same travel in the front forks with the NC having actually more travel in the rear than the cbx.

You are correct,my bad

The big difference is that the NC has the cylinder canted forward whereas the 500 is more vertical.

Why cant I buy the RR wheels for the cbx then upgrade the front and rear suspension add fork extenders or even the fork internals for the cbx or with say cogent suspension parts and add fork extensions. I don't see why this would not work. You could get the geometry of the stock bike back with the rear jack up links. I have been wondering this ever since the stage 3 kit came out for the cbx.

Last edited:
Why cant I buy the RR wheels for the cbx then upgrade the front and rear suspension add fork extenders or even the fork internals for the cbx or with say cogent suspension parts and add fork extensions. I don't see why this would not work. You could get the geometry of the stock bike back with the rear jack up links. I have been wondering this ever since the stage 3 kit came out for the cbx.

That's a great Idea except the wheels are expensive and on indefinite back order ..

I'm willing to drop $500 on making my NC better off-road but after that I'm not sure it makes sense for me.
There are much,much better ADV bikes out there for well under $10,000.But for its intended purpose,the NC is s great bike.

The bolt pattern for the CBX rotor is different than the NC so you would have to get a CBX rotor. I've thought about doing this. I already have Racetech Gold Valves and 1 inch fork extenders on the front. I also have an adjustable length shock on the rear. My main hesitation is what do I do with expensive wheels if there isn't enough clearance.
I also believe the stage 3 fork internals would work on the NC. I'm hoping and I've asked them several times if they would make the drop triple tree for the NC so I wouldn't have to run extenders any longer. I have a feeling from the vibe I keep getting from them is they really don't plan on doing a 19" conversion on the NC. Think they are only going to do a stage 1 upgrade.

That's a great Idea except the wheels are expensive and on indefinite back order ..

The upper triples are a 4-6 week wait Time looks like the cost 224 minus shipping this would be the way to get the front raised up 20mm enough to clear the 19 inch tire and it should be a straight bolt on to our bike (not sure about this though). The cbx has one inch less travel in the rear than the NC so in essence you wouldn't have to do anything to the rear shock assuming the cbx stock shock is shorter because the stage 3 kit includes a rear shock that's longer by 1 inch and has 1 inch more travel. So it's possible that all that needed is links at the rear sort the geometry back to stock on the NC. Another bonus getting this part would allow me to use regular preload adjuster caps on the stock forks. I believe the stage 3 kit for the cbx is 2 extra inches of ground clearance making it a total of 8 inches as I see it the same done to the NC could be close to 8.5-9 inches because I'm at 8 right now without the front end raised and without a 19inch front tire.

Last edited:
The bolt pattern for the CBX rotor is different than the NC so you would have to get a CBX rotor. I've thought about doing this. I already have Racetech Gold Valves and 1 inch fork extenders on the front. I also have an adjustable length shock on the rear. My main hesitation is what do I do with expensive wheels if there isn't enough clearance.
I also believe the stage 3 fork internals would work on the NC. I'm hoping and I've asked them several times if they would make the drop triple tree for the NC so I wouldn't have to run extenders any longer. I have a feeling from the vibe I keep getting from them is they really don't plan on doing a 19" conversion on the NC. Think they are only going to do a stage 1 upgrade.

A 19" will fit.
c90c1d51cb95420e35d70ed5f47f8225.jpg

Back