• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rally Raid kit for NC700/750X

Agent

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just heard on Adventure Rider Radio that Rally Raid is looking into doing a kit for the NC series similar to the one they've done for the CB500X . I don't see anything on their website, but they said it clear as day on the podcast. You can find the podcast here.

What do you think?

I wish they had had it before I went down the Andreani road with mine.

I think that with their stage 3 kit on the 500X they have made it a little too top heavy by virtue of making it taller than it was intended to be. As such imho it will only ever be suitable for light offroad work in average hands. When I rode it a few days ago I found the low speed handling somewhat vague. They do however do stage 1 and 2 kits that make significant improvements also without too much height, and as such I would be interested to see what they propose for the NC. I will be happy enough though if I get my Andreanis sorted out.

I'm converting mine over to a 19" front wheel soon.If RR comes out with a kit BEFORE I do my conversion they might get some of my $$$$$.
As it is my conversion will cost around $600.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I agree that the 500X would be a little too top heavy with all the extra height of the stage 3 kit, but probably no different than a V-Strom which is horribly top heavy. Really don't see how anyone rides a V-Strom off-road it's so bad. The NC is a superior platform to make an adventure bike compared to the 500X. The engine and low center of gravity put it in a class all by itself.

BUT the canted forward cylinder and radiator make it a bit more challenging to upgrade to a 19" front rim

probably means they've made money on the 500 version, so looking for the next think.

I think knobbies would be enough for me. Not too interested in long-way-rounding this bad boy.

As an ex CB500x rider I've been following the RR thread for some time, they've mentioned the NC as a candidate for similar treatment a few times, but I think they said suspension only (no 19" wheel) plus other accessories.

Found the post I was thinking of from October 2015, copied here:

"I'm currently in the US, but when I'm back in the UK, John and I will be getting together over the winter months and looking at how we might then expand the range of current products to include other models - and an NC750 is certainly towards the top of that list.

However, as I've explained previously, it is not as straight-forward as superficial appearances might suggest - the wheels and rear suspension are different to the 500 range, and while the forks are the same diameter, it is possible the internal parts are different too.

John is currently looking into a LEVEL 1 Adventure kit for the CB500X - as we've had a number of requests from people who would like to retain the original seat height, but what a tougher [spoked] wheel-set - together with the upgraded TracTive suspension in standard travel length.

In that regard we intend to offer a 17" front spoked Adventure wheel (together with the existing 17" spoked rear), which will then offer existing LEVEL 1 suspension customers a future upgrade if they find themselves using the bike more regularly on unsurfaced roads and trials; and not least as a complete package for those who are content with 5" travel and prefer the standard seat height/ground clearance.

Our plan would then be to see how those LEVEL 1 adventure components can successfully transfer to the NC700/750X.

Hope that helps...

Jenny x"

Last edited:
The suspension is easy enough to do yourself,it's the front wheel that will probably make all the difference for this bike.I have already addressed 90% of my bikes suspension issues,now it's onto to the front wheel.After lots of measuring and fiddling around I'm ALMOST positive that a 19" wheel is doable and I have found the one and only 19" that should work !!.

That Russian bike looks ok. However the 19" wheel has to raise the front end and the NC does not cope well with that handling wise unless the rear is raised also. If one raises the legs in the clamps to compensate then the fender will come close to hitting chassis or bodywork. I will think twice in future before I do any serious modifications of suspension on a low priced motorcycle. I got away with it on my Triumph but the NC issues still outstand for now.

There has to be a good reason why Rally Raid are not doing a 19" mod for the NC. They know their stuff and if they are not happy to sell that mod then I believe they do not think it is advisable.

That Russian bike looks ok. However the 19" wheel has to raise the front end and the NC does not cope well with that handling wise unless the rear is raised also. If one raises the legs in the clamps to compensate then the fender will come close to hitting chassis or bodywork. I will think twice in future before I do any serious modifications of suspension on a low priced motorcycle. I got away with it on my Triumph but the NC issues still outstand for now.

There has to be a good reason why Rally Raid are not doing a 19" mod for the NC. They know their stuff and if they are not happy to sell that mod then I believe they do not think it is advisable.

Lust links makes jack up links to raise the rear end.

Messing with the geometry of a bike is a sure fire way to an accident. The process is way more complicated than most people realize, where even an inch can have dramatic consequences. If you're needing a 19" wheel for serious off-roading, you probably bought the wrong bike to begin with. Let me make a recommendation: Africa Twin!

This sounds exciting!
I am looking for a 19 "front wheel and my forelegs extension... there will be no problem, probably there is room for 21" also :)

Check yourself!

IMG_1940.jpg
IMG_1951.jpg

1 picture is not the height of the rear But in it we see better the space for 19 "

The bike was magical, fantastic, I raised 55 mm front and 40 rear so I also change the fork angle automatically to a more driver-friendly dirt bike!
Can i today buy a 19 "rim suitable for disc, calipers, axels and so?

Last edited:
Messing with the geometry of a bike is a sure fire way to an accident. The process is way more complicated than most people realize, where even an inch can have dramatic consequences. If you're needing a 19" wheel for serious off-roading, you probably bought the wrong bike to begin with. Let me make a recommendation: Africa Twin!

I would hesitate to make a blanket statement like that, though.

I stuck on a two stroke Yamaha twin disc 18" front wheel, forks, lower and upper triple clamps, onto a four stroke Honda that began life with a single disc 19" front wheel, c/w cutting half of the steering stem off of one bike, welding it onto the other and swapping ball bearings to rollers, using Honda on top and Yamaha on the bottom, and it was a perfectly magical transformation that worked awesomely.

Was it 100% skill? No. 100% luck? No. Just an idea and careful application, using common sense and learning new skills. I used that bike on the racetrack and street for many many years afterwards.

Potential for failure? Indeed, but potential for success, too! :)

141010088649377600_resized.jpg139092773358499900_resized.jpg

Africa Queen ... :) I built it 3 years ago and it went several tough race. Today it is still a magical bike although I put on the road wheels!

This sounds exciting!
I am looking for a 19 "front wheel and my forelegs extension... there will be no problem, probably there is room for 21" also :)

Check yourself!

View attachment 29225
View attachment 29224

1 picture is not the height of the rear But in it we see better the space for 19 "

The bike was magical, fantastic, I raised 55 mm front and 40 rear so I also change the fork angle automatically to a more driver-friendly dirt bike!
Can i today buy a 19 "rim suitable for disc, calipers, axels and so?

A Vstrom 1000 front has the same diameter axle so it will fit.There are a couple of hurdles to overcome though.
1..the caliper will need to be relocated so a adapter will need to be fabricated.
2..The cheapest Vstrom 1000 wheel I found is $325.a 650 front wheel uses a smaller diameter axle so it won't work.

Back