• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear shock adjustable?

XA4av8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 10.05.50 AM.jpg
My 2016 has turnbuckles installed in place of the dogbone links shown in the manual.
Has anyone adjusted them to get more ground clearance? I scrape a bit going over the minor curb at the end of my driveway unless I angle about 45 degrees.
Ahha...after some research I found out that I have these Soupy's Performance items installed and it must be lowered a bit. At least I can adjust it back up!

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.22.34 PM.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect it's lowered. Can you measure the center to center distance?

If you want more ride height I'd recommend installing an RSV4 shock. The 2016 I installed (with a new spring) was a huge upgrade. It pretty much bolts in - the mount points are narrower than stock, so you need some spacers, but that's it. It's also length adjustable to allow for more or less ride height. Depending on your weight you may want to respring it but even stock it's better than the stock NC shock.

Thanks. Yes, it was lowered a bunch. I dropped the forks back to where they are only about 1/2" from being fully dropped and seems to be pretty good now. I only have a 30" inseam so don't want to get the seat height too high to where I'm on my toes when stopped. So far, with increasing the preload on the spring it is not too bad. The front seems to be quite harsh over bumps at speed, though.

Yes, the stock damper rod forks aren't very good. Cartridge emulators (of whatever variety) make a big difference.

Looks like it.

Depending on your weight you might want to respring it, but even the stock spring will be better than the NC.

it's a tight fit vs the undertail but I have clearance

it's a PITA getting the spacers in but they will go

IIRC you can set shorter or longer than stock (or stock, if you so desire)

Back