• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rev limiter question

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hypothetical question.....
Obviously the rev. limiter kicks in at 6.000 RPM. But what do you think would happen IF there was a way to disable the limiter?

Edited: or set it to 8000 RPM? :confused:

Last edited:
Due to the long stroke design at 8,000 rpm the piston speed would exceed the limits of the wrist pin and crank bearings .......... see Johnakays post above mine.

Sounds like fun... :rolleyes:

really? I don't fink ya wallet will think its fun!!
images

one way or another something that is inside your engine will try to get out... it might succeed...

The good news, other motorists will likely be well aware that there is a problem, and give you a wide birth, what with the loud bang, and the cloud of smoke/steam pouring off your bike. The bad news, you might very well coat the rear tire in oil along the way...

The motor isn't really even made to run at 6,000 rpm for a long period of time, running it much above that for any length of time/regularity is going to wear parts that should wear, the heat might warp parts that shouldn't be warped... and bad things will happen.

oh and another you're likely to drop valves big time too.
these are definitely not designed for high revving.
if you want a higher revving engine best buy a scotch rocket! :per ok then crotch rocket.

really? I don't fink ya wallet will think its fun!!
images

Give it a try and report back to us

Try it.we need pics or it never happened lol

oh and another you're likely to drop valves big time too.
these are definitely not designed for high revving.
if you want a higher revving engine best buy a scotch rocket! :per ok then crotch rocket.

Either you guys don't get my sense of humor or I don't get yours :) :) :)
Either way - I love you anyway! :p

I've found this explanation to rev. limitter in a German forum

Das Honda NC 700 X / NC 700 S und Integra 700 Forum • Thema anzeigen - Ruckeln bei Drehzahl am limit

translated with Google

We have in the NC a two speed limit (two step rev limiter), which is controlled by the ECU (control unit).

In the control unit to predefined values ​​are stored in specific fields.

First, the ignition angle is reset at the first stage and speed threshold, that is, at 6,250 rev / min.
More specifically, the ignition timing is set to a later time. This point is also called "soft cut".
This is in the ECU in the "retard rev limit" deposited with the predefined value 6250th

From this limit, the limit on the maximum power output is achieved for the NC ... more's no longer here.

Nevertheless, the micromotor of the NC is still turning a tiny bit further, since only the ignition timing is later, but still giving you full throttle until the next limit is reached.

The second limit is the NC precisely at 6500 U / min.
At this point the ignition is no longer supplied with current, and further the fuel supply is completely shut off, in order to avoid adverse combustion.

All this sets the control unit and this second and final speed limit is also called "hard cut".
In the ECU of the "hard cut" in the fields "Ignition Cut" and "Fuel Cut" is stored with the values ​​6500th

I have just made a hard copy of my latest performance measurement (see below), and here you can see also, that is the limit for the hard cut at 6500 rev / min.

Even though you still open the gas valve, will not ignite and are nothing more fuel's also.
Therefore, the speed drops by the ignition and fuel cut back down to a predefined limit.
The ignition switch is then again energized at the same time introduced to the re-ignition, and fuel is supplied again.

The "jerk" as you described it nest comes from the fact that this process of two steps repeated over the ... sooo long to you again sometime take the gas back pretty quickly, or finally unlock further.

But do you really need, therefore, not have to worry, not to worry that there may be some little break.

The two-stage limiter ensures that in today's engines overheating damage can occur if you go long periods of time in the speed limit.

Because I know that works as well and I need not have worried, I have already for several minutes in the 5th Gear tested (at full throttle).

Very big thanks to today's technology over the control of the ECU, which controls the Enspritzung and transistor ignition.

Previously you could kill the engine so very fast times. That's now thankfully no longer.

oh is dats wat its all about sense of humour well ya can tickle ma bum!
th_Bean_3.gif

Well i dont tickle other guys bums or anything else sorry mate.... i personally prefer women! :) But hey ya cood always tickle your own....

Last edited:
From this limit, the limit on the maximum power output is achieved for the NC ... more's no longer here

Ah! and the reason for avoiding this potentially expensive science experiment... "more's no longer there"

Back