• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride to the Desert (picture)

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went out for a tour of the "high desert" as they call it around here... I stopped long enough to snap the following photo.
The Cajon Pass on a Sunday has all the folks coming home to LA from Vegas.... all of them in their cars and compressed into a twisty road. They're usually dead tired, and you can count on seeing an accident's aftermath usually. Today was no exception.

No Fairings today. I wanted to show off the new front lights, and it just wasn't cold enough to need the extra wind protection.

ncindesert.jpg
It's looking pretty good for 70,000 miles.

Last edited:
I went out for a tour of the "high desert" as they call it around here... I stopped long enough to snap the following photo.
The Cajon Pass on a Sunday has all the folks coming home to LA from Vegas...

No Fairings today. I wanted to show off the new front lights, and it just wasn't cold enough to need the extra wind protection.

View attachment 27259

Glad to see the LED Headlight is doing well for you.

Yes, it is called the "High Desert" due to the altitude is well over 2,000 feet above sea level. I grew up not far from that area in the Antelope Valley.

You were not that far away for many of routes that I have ridden over the years. Wrightwood is one of my favorites in that area.

Now u got me pinen for the desert. I lived in Lucern Vally for several years & road the Mojave from one end to Death Valley. Have such great memory's . Now i'm on the Oregon coast but still get to the high desert when i can. Good riding up here to!!! Just got my NC700X so don't have many miles on it. Love this bike after comming off a KTM 990 Adv. Great forum !!
Glad to see the LED Headlight is doing well for you.

Yes, it is called the "High Desert" due to the altitude is well over 2,000 feet above sea level. I grew up not far from that area in the Antelope Valley.

You were not that far away for many of routes that I have ridden over the years. Wrightwood is one of my favorites in that area.

Last edited:
70,000 puts you almost up there in the high mileage club (lol).
Actually, I think you could be vice president right under OCR.

Love this bike after comming off a KTM 990 Adv. Great forum !!

Why did you decide to leave the KTM 990 Adventure? By accident, I meet a KTM 990 adventure rider in Baja, Mexico this year. He road with us to Copper Cannon. He was in love with his KTM. I am considering a adventure bike. My second bike will be either a KTM Adventure bike or a Honda Africa Twin DTC.

I do like riding in Oregon. Have you ever ridden the Oregon Out Back?

I went looking at a dealership yesterday. I was told Honda told the dealerships, that soon after the first of 2016 they would see the Africa Twin. I set on a Suzuki 1000 Vstrom, which has a seat height of 33.4 inches. The low seat height setting on the Africa Twin is 33.5 inches. The tips of my toes did touch the gound.

Now where can I found a toe stretcher?

Back