• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

"S" Windshield on 700X?

Rockt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks. Got a lovely '12 700X a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten around to posting anything because I found most of the answers just by doing a search here. So far I've put new Shinko 705's and a center stand on it and cleaned 11 years worth of chain lube off it. Going to put Rox risers on also. Couldn't find an answer to my windshield question though.

I've had a couple of concussions and buffeting from windshields isn't good, so I normally ride without one. I took the screen off mine (it was the tall Honda accessory screen; unfortunately the stock screen did not come with the bike) and it's fine but it looks a little unfinished. I've seen some of the pics of cut stock screens and I'd probably just do that but I can't find a stock screen for sale anywhere, (at least not at a reasonable, er... cheap price - if I'm going to cut it and possibly wreck it, I don't want to pay a lot for it). In looking at pics I saw the windshield on the S and I'm wondering if anyone knows if it fits the X? There are some cheap S screens available that could be cut to fit just around the instruments which I think would look good and fit the bill.

I have and could part with the metal plate that was part of the original Madstad windshield for the ‘12. It is curved, painted black, and fits the windshield mounting holes. It would be a mini, half the height of the stock windscreen shield that would cover the front of the instrument cluster and give the front a finished look, but not block much air. If that interests you, I can take a photo. I don’t know shipping costs from USA to Canada.

Thanks 670. I went on Madstad's website but I didn't see what you're referring to. Here's the shield specific to the NC700X:

I would love to see it if it's not too much trouble to take a pic.

do you have a pic of you tall honda windshield and mounting bracket , I might trade my stock 2015 windshield ( doesn't use mounting bracket) for the tall one

trjerm, I don't have a pic but here's a link to the same one:

I don't believe it's a great windshield. It had lots of buffeting on the short ride I took using it.

Possummanj, if you look at the pic in the link you'll see it mounts differently to the original shorter shield. It uses a mounting bracket that, for the small sleek shield I'm hoping to have, would be a bit ugly and too high.

I don't like the idea of buying from China but I'm striking out everywhere else, so what do you think of getting one of these and hacking it up:

1688584987105.png

$40 delivered from Aliexpress.com.

Looks a lot like the stock windshield.

Or I could buy this S model shield, plug the existing holes and drill new ones to fit the X:

I actually prefer the smaller size of the S one but I have no idea of the dimensions. It might be too narrow?

1688585112185.png

Last edited:
Thanks 670. I went on Madstad's website but I didn't see what you're referring to. Here's the shield specific to the NC700X:

I would love to see it if it's not too much trouble to take a pic.
The current design of Madstad does not use the same baseplate they had in the early days, so you won’t see it on their website.

Attached is a photo of the plate I mentioned. It measures 26 cm up the middle. It could always be cut down to a desired shape. It fits the screen mounting holes on 2012-15 NCX. It feels like it is made of steel. There are four holes in it in addition to the holes that mount it to the bike.

I think I probably have a stock clear screen for the ’12 NCX around, too.

EBC8E24B-EE04-44D9-A61D-9B614EA773B5.jpeg

Last edited:
trjerm, I don't have a pic but here's a link to the same one:

I don't believe it's a great windshield. It had lots of buffeting on the short ride I took using it.

Possummanj, if you look at the pic in the link you'll see it mounts differently to the original shorter shield. It uses a mounting bracket that, for the small sleek shield I'm hoping to have, would be a bit ugly and too high.
I have one on mine-I mounted it and am familiar with the bracket-works great for me --you could spray the bracket and chop that windshield to a much shorter one-eventually it gets short enough to be completely ineffective YMMV

I have one on mine-I mounted it and am familiar with the bracket-works great for me --you could spray the bracket and chop that windshield to a much shorter one-eventually it gets short enough to be completely ineffective YMMV
I have the same setup on my black 201 NC700XD and my red one came with the stock honda Short one which I didn't like so I replaced it w a PUIG , about same ht as the taller Honda accessory. But I like the Honda accessory touring one better, Wana trade short stock for honda accessory w bracket

I think I'm going to hang onto the tall screen, just in case... I ride in the winter quite a bit (as long as the roads are clear) and I might try it again then.

Do you guys think the one of the one's from Aliexpress that I posted above might work?

For $40 it may be just fine--I have bought some chinesium stuff--several sets of bicycle pedals--toothy offroad footpegs for various bikes including my current NC700-kickstand feet etc and have good luck with most of it.

Also, is there a reputable service manual available online? If not, best place to buy a hard copy?
There are many recent discussions of service manual sources and availability on the forum. Do a search of the forum to find them.

In North America, I do not believe there is a an online Honda service manual source that does not violate copyright.

Thanks Possummanj, I'll keep trying to find a stock shorty that someone is willing to part with, but if not, I'll order one of the Ali ones. The first ones looks a lot like the stock Honda screen.

There are many recent discussions of service manual sources and availability on the forum. Do a search of the forum to find them.

In North America, I do not believe there is a an online Honda service manual source that does not violate copyright.
Thanks 670, I deleted the post because I found a 2019 post, (I had already searched but didn't find anything more current), that said Honda didn't supply a digital manual. Going to order one from my Honda dealer.

Back