• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sailing on the NC700... at 5-7mph

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Before y'all get too excited... No, the bike does not do well on the bay or the ocean, but yesterday was the first time in a long while I thought I should have been out sailing instead. I had the bright idea to make a detour to a motorcycle store to inquire of my options regarding power outlet mounting on the handlebar. Seems like everywhere I turned, traffic was slow... whether because of an accident or two, rubber-neckers, and for other reasons that escape me. I elected to take the first exit that appeared (3 miles out). 30+ minutes later, I get there, then things are slow for no apparent reason (to me), but on the plus side, I had a mini conversation with a driver (when we weren't crawling at 5-7mph) who mentioned that his bike is at home with a flat tire, and that on a nice day like this, he should be out riding, and that he thinks he'll get it fixed.

Though I wasn't exactly much competition for SeaBisuit (see movie of same name), it perked me up a bit, and one hour later when I eventually got home, I counted my blessings, and resolved to try another day. How was your day?

My day was kind of shit, until I logged in and saw some many likes....and new members....and this.... Weather's here been bad, rain and so forth. I am looking forward to a ride tomorrow or maybe Sunday.

Hang in there Happy. Its amazing how the little things can turn the tide. Sometimes its tough though.

The temps are dropping on the East USA, so the early AM and after dark rides have been rather 'crisp', to say the least. I hear its too early for thermals but I like it toasty. On the ride home last night, I was contemplating' winter grade' gloves as the few 'handle bar guards' I had seen looked rather cheesy, almost motorcross style. I still want to keep my bike 'hot' looking ;-)

Thanks TP.
I was comtemplating Gerbings inner heated liner and some heated gloves. Then I took my "old" thermal liner, and boy was it HOT after 10 mins!
It is 10C outside in the mornings now. Heats up to 25 max (if lucky) or more like 20C at noon, and then drop down again to 10s.

I definitely need new Winter/warm jackets, coz the only one I have is a side-zip leather bad-ass chopper jacket. Black of course. Remember Grease?

Strange how we all think that little things that go wrong are important. yesterday the 17 year old daughter of one of coworkers passed away after a short illness. This puts all our little moans about weather traffic sports results and so into perspective. It's horrible working here today with everybody in a sombre mood

I am definitely going for a lunch ride tomorrow ( I do home office on Fridays).
1 hour will loosen up the mood and bring back the smile on my face.....I am Happy, remember?:eek:

Back