• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sandy Point Road - 8/11/13

Jimmy_Pop

Reaction score
Visit site
Found a pretty cool little backroad yesterday near Rosharon, TX.

[video=youtube;LynF54Xiv6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LynF54Xiv6U&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWTIZUE2xzyfgGcktZZ9mzQ[/video]

When you get to the end of Sandy Point road, turn to the right and go toward Brazos Bend State Park. The first blinking light after the Brazos River you will come to is "Cow Creek Road". Turn left on to Cow Creek (25). Cow Creek is like riding a flat Deals Gap (the Dragon), all the turns, but they don't go up and down like Deals Gap. Put those two roads together and you have a unbelievable ride. One of the best around these parts!

If you need still more and don't need clean underwear, at the end of Cow Creek turn right on 35 towards Columbus. On the other side of Columbus, pass Ima Hogs place, there is a Shell filling station, turn left to
Sweeny. More great roads all the way to 36, where Steven F Austin was buried.

Last edited:
I took 35 to CR 25 up to 1462, then 762 all the way past George Ranch and back down to hit Sandy Road on my way back. I dug the hell out of it. Fun day yesterday, missed the heavy downpour rain by a couple of hundred meters or so in some spots, lots of lightning near 35 and Wes Columbia.

Rub some dirt on that shoulder and we can make a day trip out of it! :)

My parts just came in !!!!!! Give me a yell and we will go ride Cow Creek. Hope to be running by Saturday or Sunday. If you liked Sandy Point, we will put the both together. This is the best ride around these parts with out going all the way to Sister, Sister in the Hill country.

You need to go on the "Mad Man Ride" (Hill County for a week) with us next spring. We only hit one deer last year, getting better! (Had 25 riders last year, so getting bigger too) My daughter goes back to Texas State, so once school starts in two weeks (Tell my wife I am going to see my daughter, being my daughter likes her college fun money, this works every time). I go to the hill county often on weekends, if you want to ride just yell. Some weekends if Texas State is playing a good team, we will actually go to Texas State to see the football game.

Back