• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent Seat, Pre-Registering NC700X for Seat Development

It's been about 6 months since Sargent announced development of a seat. I wonder when they are planning on putting it into production and releasing it for sale? I'm holding out because I have had Sargent seats in the past and they are the most comfortable. I'm a little afraid of ordering a Corbin. They seem to be more about "Style" and I've heard some horror stories when it comes to customer service.
It always bugs me that Honda (and every other manufacturer) seem to make the worst seats possible. There are 3 important features that connect a rider to the bike. The handlebar & footpeg positions and the seat. You'd think that someone that has made millions of bikes over 60 years would test the seat for long haul comfort. Oh well I guess that keeps the aftermarket companies in business.

Last edited:
Go to Post #58 for the latest update

It's been about 6 months since Sargent announced development of a seat. I wonder when they are planning on putting it into production and releasing it for sale? I'm holding out because I have had Sargent seats in the past and they are the most comfortable. I'm a little afraid of ordering a Corbin. They seem to be more about "Style" and I've heard some horror stories when it comes to customer service.
It always bugs me that Honda (and every other manufacturer) seem to make the worst seats possible. There are 3 important features that connect a rider to the bike. The handlebar & footpeg positions and the seat. You'd think that someone that has made millions of bikes over 60 years would test the seat for long haul comfort. Oh well I guess that keeps the aftermarket companies in business.
Post #58 is the latest news. Looks good since they actually posted that it is under development.
I'm sure the colder weather nationwide reduces orders for new Sargent Seats, so they'll have lots of extra time to get the NX700 seat fully developed and into production.
Patience is a virtue!

I'd think the opposite. The only down time is winter, I plan on getting my seat done soon. Since I'm not riding it.
If you're in a hurry, then get the seat done now. It's a free country.
But I'll wait until Sargent releases their version of the NCX seat for sale. In the meantime I'll make do with my Corbin!
Merry Christmas and Happy Riding!

In the past the beauty of the Sargent seat system was there was is no "redone" seat as they are a bolt on seat with a new pan that actually fits. No sending in and wait, no down time and easy to go back during resale or trading in.

In the past the beauty of the Sargent seat system was there was is no "redone" seat as they are a bolt on seat with a new pan that actually fits. No sending in and wait, no down time and easy to go back during resale or trading in.
It sounds like a good reason to wait until the Sargent Seat is ready for prime time!:rolleyes:
Get it right the first time!:cool:
No re-do's or do overs. One and done.

Still time to register for the "Early Bird" Sargent Seat purchase discount. Just go to Post #1 for details.l:cool:

Thanks for all the work as my ERC instructor said that the Sargent Seat made the major reason he still is riding a 03 ST1300. Said he went from 150 miles of numb butt to all day relief, and after riding my NC700X said it needs one also. Hell it's only money till you hurt no more.....

Sargent seat latest information

SARGENT NC700X SEAT UPDATE (Feb. 14, 2014)
If you'll visit the Sargent Cycles website, they have now posted photos, options and facts regarding there new seat for the 2012+ Honda NC700X bikes. And there is still time to pre-register for the. Introductory pricing.
Check it out!:cool:

SARGENT NC700X SEAT UPDATE (Feb. 14, 2014)
If you'll visit the Sargent Cycles website, they have now posted photos, options and facts regarding there new seat for the 2012+ Honda NC700X bikes. And there is still time to pre-register for the. Introductory pricing.
Check it out!:cool:

Along with the seat photos, I wish they'd show a picture of the guy/gal they built it for - their target audience, if you will. It might give me an idea whether it would fit. Are they 5'5" and 130 pounds or 6'0" and 240 pounds?

Last edited:
Looks like they were able to make it wider and more dished than mine not reusing OEM pan. Probably the new standard in ready made seat for NC.

I like the idea of a ready-made seat with it's own pan. I can just buy one, they'll send it, and I can keep the stock.
Now let's have the PRICE. If it's stupidly high like some, then it won't matter how it's made.

If there is a good discount to start, I might have to cancel my Shad (non embroidered) seat order which is still not shipping here in the US. It's hard to tell how good any seat is from a picture, but the Sargent, so far, is the best looking seat for NC I've seen. I like the shape. Holding my breath

Sargent price for front section only on an ST1300 is US $350 so that should give you an idea what the NC700X seat might cost. Maybe $300 with the intro discount???

Along with the seat photos, I wish they'd show a picture of the guy/gal they built it for - their target audience, if you will. It might give me an idea whether it would fit. Are they 5'5" and 130 pounds or 6'0" and 240 pounds?
I'm hoping for something in between, heh. Say 6'-1" and 200#. Either way, the pics look decent and the old Sargent on my Concours really tips me in their favor. The cover has fallen apart (it's pretty dam old) but the shape is really comfortable compared to the Corbin saddle (which oddly has held up much better in the department of covers).

All this nonsense is subjective. I guess it all comes down to my decision to raise, hold or fold on the aftermarket saddle gamble.

Oh, to be an averagely built Japanese man, I might be content to find other things to change, not sure my wife would concur. (That last statement has a lot of potential to be misinterpreted... to negate that, I'm pretty sure my wife prefers me to be taller and stouter than her. No other inflection was intended.)

Back