• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent Seat, Pre-Registering NC700X for Seat Development

Looks a lot like the stock seat with some added piping and thinkness. Looks good on the bike. Hopefully it is an improvement.

Click on the picture of the seat in the link you referenced and a new page will open with details and photos.

Thanks, worked like a charm and they look nice.....hope to have enough $ to get in on the promotion ... going to have to put on a lot of miles to justify all the extra$ .....

Went ahead and pre-registered since there is nothing to lose. Not sure if I will actually spring for a new seat because of my "700x seat blues." Tried have a local upholsterer do a seat mod. Didn't work. Money down the drain. Purchased a new stock seat. When it came, tore the old 'modified' seat apart and used the seat pan to put on a Seat Concepts seat. The Seat Concepts is better, but still some forward slide, so not completely satisfied. At 5'10" with 30" inseam I don't have a problem with the seat height, only the forward slide, which was a big reason to move away from the stock seat. Will wait to see what the cost of the Sargent seat will be before deciding. In hindsight, probably could have gone the Russell Day Long route when it all gets added up. Being new to riding there are some costly learning curves. An early poster mentioned "it's only money". True. But it's my money!

It would be great if someone from Sargent would swing by this forum and throw us a bone or two.

Cost is a big factor on this. I've seen many Sargents and sat on only a few. They were all impressive. I currently have a Corbin heated seat and I do like it, but am VERY seriously considering the Sargent. The Corbin is, well, hard. That's what they're known for. The heater is simply impressive (I could easily crack and egg under my buttocks, take the 20 minute ride to work and have breakfast ready for me when I arrive). But, at the end of the day, I think I'd be more comfortable on something a little higher, a little (just a little) less firm, and something that puts me at less of a slope. The Corbin maintains a similar slope to that of the OEM seat.

Hmmm...Now I have to see if someone wants my Corbin.

It would be great if someone from Sargent would swing by this forum and throw us a bone or two.

Cost is a big factor on this. I've seen many Sargents and sat on only a few. They were all impressive. I currently have a Corbin heated seat and I do like it, but am VERY seriously considering the Sargent. The Corbin is, well, hard. That's what they're known for. The heater is simply impressive (I could easily crack and egg under my buttocks, take the 20 minute ride to work and have breakfast ready for me when I arrive). But, at the end of the day, I think I'd be more comfortable on something a little higher, a little (just a little) less firm, and something that puts me at less of a slope. The Corbin maintains a similar slope to that of the OEM seat.

Hmmm...Now I have to see if someone wants my Corbin.

Sargent seats are a little softer than a Corbin but not by much. Actually, a seat that is too soft will hurt your bum on a long ride more than a seat that is firm. I've had two Sargents on different bikes and love the shape and firmness of the seat. It reminds me of those old metal tractor seats with the holes in them that skinny old farmers could sit on all day. I hope they take out the slope but the picture didn't look promising. I will wait to see a review before I pull the trigger.
Mike

Skin in the game

Pretty quiet over at Sargent. Targeted release is in 5 days. Will it happen? :confused:

Sargent Seats - Honda NC700X 2012+ - In Development
I'm the only forum member with "skin" in this game. I'm the guy who donated his OEM seat to Sargent's so they would have a specimen on hand to aid in the development. I'm not concerned about it "happening".
I'm just doing my thing until the new seat arrives. As long as you can currently ride your bike, what's the problem? Patience my man!

Went ahead and pre-registered since there is nothing to lose. Not sure if I will actually spring for a new seat because of my "700x seat blues." Tried have a local upholsterer do a seat mod. Didn't work. Money down the drain. Purchased a new stock seat. When it came, tore the old 'modified' seat apart and used the seat pan to put on a Seat Concepts seat. The Seat Concepts is better, but still some forward slide, so not completely satisfied. At 5'10" with 30" inseam I don't have a problem with the seat height, only the forward slide, which was a big reason to move away from the stock seat. Will wait to see what the cost of the Sargent seat will be before deciding. In hindsight, probably could have gone the Russell Day Long route when it all gets added up. Being new to riding there are some costly learning curves. An early poster mentioned "it's only money". True. But it's my money!

DId you try it with the front of the seat square hook on the top of the front connection. Sorry not very good description but someone else mentioned and I made an adapter to hold it in place like the original only on top of the original, and i added a thin piece of aluminum on the bottom of the seat lug and I slide no more and enjoy the ride better.

Just got the email. They will beging taking orders Monday, March 24.

SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE**
SAVE $40.00 / set***
Retail for 1-pc Front Rider's Seat with CarbonFX, Black Upholstery with matching DIY Rear Seat Cover starts at $349.95.

With Discount - only $309.95

Sargent Seats - Honda - NC700X 2012+

Just got the email. They will beging taking orders Monday, March 24.

SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE**
SAVE $40.00 / set***
Retail for 1-pc Front Rider's Seat with CarbonFX, Black Upholstery with matching DIY Rear Seat Cover starts at $349.95.

With Discount - only $309.95

Sargent Seats - Honda - NC700X 2012+
Everyone who pre-registered should be receiving an email explaining the choices and pricing.
If you are only interested in the front seat only, it's introductory price is $279.95 with black welt.
You have to order by phone, and the introductory price is good until April 25, 2014.
I'm placing my order Monday.:eek:
"I guess it is "HAPPENING"!:rolleyes:

I'll be ordering Monday! The price was a few dollars less than I expected. It just happens I need to work overtime tomorrow, so that can help cover the cost.

I sure like the look of that base plate. It looks like it should be good build quality and fit the bike well. I hope the seat fits me, too!

Last edited:
Sargent seat ordered today! I was told they had made up a bunch so I should see one at my doorstep soon.

Review forthcoming!

Back