• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Concepts opinions

I went for the 'Gripper' top, that was what I have on my KTM and it does a great job of providing enough friction to hold you in place. The pattern looks fine with the rear seat as well.

Dropped my seat off today with a local upholster. They told me they have a $35 an hour rate, and as long as it doesn't take longer than that to instal the seat, that was what my bill would be. They said they'd try to do it right away, but would have it by next week at the latest.

I almost balked at the "next week by the latest" but I bit my tongue and left it anyway. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later...

I figured by the time I buy staples and an air stapler I'd have paid that much anyway and I know I wouldn't ever use them again anyway.

So I got mine put together tonight but I had a problem.As I was stretching and stapeling and stretching and stapeling etc the cover ripped!!.So I couldn't stretch it anymore so there is a couple small wrinkles BUT it feels great.I left the slope mod in place for now because I ran out of time.If it feels good I will leave it.I PMed SC to see about buying a new cover,but for now I will use it as is,I have a 6,000-7,000 mile ride in 2 weeks.
vema5u8y.jpg

2y9ara2y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got mine put together tonight but I had a problem.As I was stretching and stapeling and stretching and stapeling etc the cover ripped!!.So I couldn't stretch it anymore so there is a couple small wrinkles BUT it feels great.I left the slope mod in place for now because I ran out of time.If it feels good I will leave it.I PMed SC to see about buying a new cover,but for now I will use it as is,I have a 6,000-7,000 mile ride in 2 weeks.

Ouch, sorry to hear that man. Hopefully SC will have a cheap solution for you.

Also I found that having the cover very warm helped a lot in the stretch department, in hindsight I was thinking a having a hair dryer on hand to keep the thing warm might have helped.

Last edited:
There's definitely still a slight slope.... It looks flat -- I think the slope comes from the 'wings' being a little higher. I'm hoping as it breaks in those will settle in and it'll be just right. If not, I'll just put my slope mod spacers back on.

trey

Well after a 20 mile ride to work this morning I can tell you that this seat for ME does not work with the slope mod .!!!!
It hits a nerve in my left inner thigh and my leg falls asleep.I will take the slope mod off tonight.Here's a pic of it with the slope mod.
udyjajab.jpg

yvequ3up.jpg

I believe the original seat is designed ALL RIGHT.

It makes me move my butt a few times in an hour, and this is all right with me.

With additional padding, it may numb my leg like Northwestrider described.

I do see some "sofa" seats here, and they seem cool and comfy. However, it is quite weird to see the overall picture of the bike with a cushy sofa instead of a bike seat.
:p
I thought those sofa seats belong with Giant Goldwings and Humongous Interstate Harleys.
No disrespect intended, just my 2 cents.
:p

Last edited:
I opened the box this morning and compared the contents to the OEM seat. It doesn't look like a big change. I'm interested to see of small changes make big differences in this instance.

It's a bigger difference then you think.
I got the heavy foam for my fat butt and is double the weight of the stock one.
The extra width in the back is great.

i posted this in the group buy too.. maybe it can help someone , in that i was offed a way to be cheaper

took mine to an upholsterer today, he quoted me 65 to 70 r & r (remove and replace) but 40 if i remove the staples...
so home i go,, taking out the staples
start thinking about the people that did it themselves..
well i don't want a bad job done .(me doing it )
so i took it the the upholsterer figure it's worth 40 $ to be done right
said to call in 3 day if i don't hear from him.

Ok.. I picked up my seat from my local upholster today. She said it was allot harder than she had anticipated and ended up taking her an hour and a half to get it on (stretching it and all). But the seat looks great and I am very happy with it. Total cost was $50 for the instal.

I didn't take off the old cover or padding, just brought the seat in as is. She had originally told me it would be ready no later than next week when I dropped it off yesterday, but I think she saw the look on my face and decided to expedite it LOL. Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain for the next several days, so I probably won't get to test it out other than sitting on it at the house.

I can definitely tell there is extra width in the rear of the seat, and the foam is denser which will mean it won't feel like it's wearing thin on longer rides.

The upholster said that it was much better quality foam on the new seat than the old, and it should be much more comfortable. She is a really nice lady. She and her retired husband run the business and I would recommend them to anyone in the area (Wake Forest, NC).

I had the seat off and was ready to pull staples when I decided to double check my tools and discovered that my pneumatic stapler is only a brad nailer. Off the HF on my lunch tomorrow but it will be on my NCX. :)

So now I have about 100 miles on the new seat and here's what I think.

PROS
supports my butt/hips better
Alot firmer foam so I sit ON it not in it
Since I sit higher my old knees feel better

CONS
I slide into the tank more than I did with the stock seat ( I think it's because it's so firm)
I tried to use the slope mod but than it was to high in the front and it hurt my inner thighs
It feels like there's a shelf right where my butt is

I think overall it's better than the stocker and we leave in 2 weeks for a 7,000 mile ride so than I will be able to give a good report!

PROS

CONS
I slide into the tank more than I did with the stock seat ( I think it's because it's so firm)
I tried to use the slope mod but than it was to high in the front and it hurt my inner thighs

I think overall it's better than the stocker and we leave in 2 weeks for a 7,000 mile ride so than I will be able to give a good report!

Looking forward to reading your report on the seat when you return. I am sure you will know it intimately by then! :D

Did you order an extra firm?

PROS

CONS
Did you order an extra firm foam seat, or did you receive the foam density as recommended by Seat Concepts according to your weight? What type of upholstery material?
Hope it works out okay on your 7,000 mile ride. That's a very long, long ride if it isn't comfortable!:(

PROS

The density of my SC seat foam matches stock, only thicker at the front. SC indicated they had different foam densities, and perhaps you got the firmer variety.

Greg

Back