• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat upgrade

Seat info

what is their definition of 'redo your seat' and what do they consider reasonable for that service.

She removed the cover, trimed the origonal foam, reshaped it the way I wanted it done, installed a pad with Impact Gel on the bottom and memory foam on top. Then put the cover back on. I droped off my seat yesterday afternoon around 2:00PM. and it was done at 4:30PM today. Cost $150.00

Here is the photo. I had her raise the front of the seat a little. I took it for a ride this morning, what a difference.100_0382.jpg

That's pretty cool. Can I ask your height and inseam? How did you tell the person you wanted it. I'm not sure where to begin on that, but I just know a) i would want it to slope slightly less, b) would not want it wider, and c) it sure is uncomfortable after a 1/2 hour. Can I ask your height and inseam? Did your mods affect seat height at all?
Thank you. Paul in Delray Beach.

When I had mine done Ir rode the bike in told the guy what I wanted and after getting me to sit on the bike whilst he had a good look he just disaperaed into the workshop for about an hour . When he returneed we refited the seat and when I tried it I found it just as I wanted. At no time did he take any measurements which I guess is the sign of a real craftsman

I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. I just asked her to make the front a bit higher. I have rode it about 1000 miles since having it done & like it. One time on a 200 mile ride. The seat height has not changed. It is not as good as a Air-Hawk, but much better than stock.

I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. I just asked her to make the front a bit higher. I have rode it about 1000 miles since having it done & like it. One time on a 200 mile ride. The seat height has not changed. It is not as good as a Air-Hawk, but much better than stock.

So in retrospect, would you have gone straight to an AirHawk instead? I too am 32" inseam and ride LD so this is really crucial for me-thanks.

Kriv

What is the address of the shop? I have have a Ducati Monster seat I need recovered & I live in Pensacola.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back