• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Second Annual Florida NC700X RTE

TheFloridaRider

Reaction score
Visit site
October 20, 2013

Meet at Gator Joe's on Lake Wier
Meet at 11am(ish) for lunch and then a ride.

12431 SE 135th Ave Ocklawaha, FL 32179
(352) 288-3100

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe I can ride down and visit my wife (who lives near Williston) from my home in Indiana that weekend. More details please, when? where?

I am planning on being in the Satsuma/Palakta area that weekend, maybe we can all meet at Corky Bell's Seafood & Steaks at Gator Landing (google it) on the St. John's river in East Palakta at 185 Hwy 17. It isn't that far from Jacksonville, Daytona and Orlando.

What do you think?

I'm planning on eating at Gator Joe's on Lake Wier around 11 on Sunday October 20th. These RTEs aren't super organized ......... all are welcome to join me to break bread then afterwards perhaps take a little ride up into Marion County's Horse Country. The roads in the area are good and it isn't hard to get there from most places. If you need a little help in route planning post up here or send me a PM.

Welcome to Gator Joe's Bar and Grill Gator Joe's Bar and Grill in Ocala, Florida

Gator Joe's sounds good to me. Unless I get a direct order from CINCHOUSE (Commander In Chief Household) requiring my presence in some other location I'll see you there Dave. :)

Bob

Ok, I will make plans to meet up there, but I need to ride back to FLL after lunch.
Maybe we could ride to Gator Joe's together. I'll be coming down out of Jacksonville, could meet in Palatka or Satsuma for a cup of joe then on to Lake Wier.

Ok, Dave that sounds great. Closer to the date, we can figure a meetup place. I will be staying on the St. Johns off of Buffalo Bluff Rd.

Okay, I've gotten Oct 20th off work. So it's Gator Joe's on Lake Wier?

Regarding the ride around Marion cty, could that be a bit south? North would make it a very long day for those of us coming from the south.

Okay, I've gotten Oct 20th off work. So it's Gator Joe's on Lake Wier?

Regarding the ride around Marion cty, could that be a bit south? North would make it a very long day for those of us coming from the south.
I'm glad you got the day off! I was envisioning a small loop after lunch that brings us back to or near Lake Wier. I wouldn't leave you north of there. Having a single RTE to serve all of FL involves riding some distance. The route I'll take to the RTE is 125 miles from my house. From Central Tampa it is 99 miles. I tried to pick a place that is equidistant from Tampa, Jacksonville, and Melbourne. I look forward to meeting you TFR.

If I am in the Williston area that weekend, I will be there. It is only 60 miles from my wife's home to the restaurant, mostly straight shot down US27 to Bellevue than cut over to 135 street.

Back