• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seeking a longer Clutch Cable??? Anybody found one?

lAZE1

Reaction score
Visit site
Seeking a longer Clutch Cable??? OEM preferred...Anybody found one?

I have bar riaser on my Bike and the clutch cable is just a little bit too short...seeking a 3-4" longer one.

(yes I did a cable re-route...still a too tight for my liking)

Cheers!

I would be interested in this, too. Perhaps another Honda model has a slightly longer cable but with the same end fittings. Let's hope.

Doing my Barkbusters mount different with the inner assembly allowing cables to run underneath, allowed me the extra clutch cable length with my risers, the very affordable slant-back ones that give a couple inches up and 1.5" back... They're from China, on eBay BTW. I highly recommend them, a lot less bulk than some others that cost too much, and very clean looking. I should take a pic without the big hand windscreens though -- they are NOT so clean looking ; }

31668d1477674744-2016-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today-2016-10-28-10;50;43s-jpg

Doing my Barkbusters mount different with the inner assembly allowing cables to run underneath, allowed me the extra clutch cable length with my risers, the very affordable slant-back ones that give a couple inches up and 1.5" back... They're from China, on eBay BTW. I highly recommend them, a lot less bulk than some others that cost too much, and very clean looking. I should take a pic without the big hand windscreens though -- they are NOT so clean looking ; }

31668d1477674744-2016-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today-2016-10-28-10;50;43s-jpg

I'm not seeing the clutch cable routing in the photo.

Just assume that going under instead of over the Barkbusters attachment assembly gave it some extra free play, 670 ; }

Just assume that going under instead of over the Barkbusters attachment assembly gave it some extra free play, 670 ; }

I thought maybe you had somehow routed it differently around the triple clamp. I think the need for a longer clutch cable is not so much about routing around hand guards, but the cable length in general when using taller risers. I'm tempted to try a Rox 2 inch riser mounted to a 30mm fixed riser for a bit more pull back, but the clutch cable isn't going to let that happen. I have enough brake hose and I can extent the wiring, so finding a longer clutch cable is the holdup.

I managed to pull up a little more slack, but yeah, going more than 3 or 3.5" is gonna be a problem methinks.

I.m thinking a CTX700 cable may work...now doing some research. Used ones on Ebay for $10...new ones only $20. Going to see if I can find a CTX at a local dealer and do some measuring.

best way is take your old cable to your local dealer, he can send it to motion pro or tarry cable and they will make you one longer. Dale

True, custom cables can be had and are fully functional. But I was looking for an off-the-shelf OEM replacement (if possible). This would make it much easier for a Regular Joe :). I guess I am getting spoiled working on old BMW Airheads...the mix-and-match of OEM parts options are fantastic!

Dale, do you have a CTX700 in stock and could measure the clutch cable total length? (I am sure most Dealers don't stock a CTX 700 cable)

I am trying to get one of the many Ebay Sellers posting used CTX clutch cables to just measue one for me...I will post results lf/when I complete this task.

BTW: You should have received the returned parts now after a 10 day journey via Fed-x...

Cheers!

I just measured the stock OEM clutch cable while still on the Bike...note this measurement is likely +/- 1" off. I got 43" for the casing only. So this looks like a viable candidate to add 3-4" while using an OEM cable..

I will order one and try it out and report back.

Dale, thank you very much for the info!!!!

Next we'll need to sort out throttle cables!

Just ordered this from Honda ATV Parts, Motorcycle Parts, & More Honda Parts House

Product Description

CABLE, CLUTCH for 2014-2016 CTX700
Item: 22870-MJF-A30

Qty: 1 @ $16.15

Subtotal:$16.15
Shipping:$9.95
Sales Tax:$0.00
Total: $26.10

So I have installed the CTX clutch cable...works great! I now can move my handlebars around as I wish and still have plenty of slack. If anything is is 1" or 2" longer than needed. But that just means I can possible change Handlebars

Thanks Dale for the technical info! IMG_20161201_104846255_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20161201_103832603[1].jpg in the future.

Question: where is the place on this Forum to put this type of info for easy access? I.e. Honda parts interchangeability info.

Back