• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seen in the wild

I keep seeing a "Kawasaki green" NC in the North Austin area. It has to be a custom paint job but he is always going in a different direction than I am.

I saw a black one, in the Yorktown Hgts NY area, specifically on Main Street in Shrub Oak around 3:45pm saturday the 30th. it was black, the rider was riding with another buddy, who was on a large cruiser. unfortunately I was in cage, sidelined with foot pain.

First one I've seen outside the showroom... At the post office:

eeK9SUx.jpg

The black one is mine, 2015 stock. His was a silver 2012, with a Sargeant seat and after-market exhaust.

4:45 today. In downtown Tallahassee, FL for seminar, I was walking east on Tennessee waiting at Duval cross walk. Black NC passed in front of me headed north. Rider with Hi-vis jacket and helmet. Might have been a Joe Rocket jacket.

Well, that was me. And right after you left, a couple few more dual sport folks pulled up and starting asking about the NC. Fellow wanted to look at a DCT version; he had never seen one. I said, one just left.

Hey, Krampus!
Let's have a meetup at TWoS for some NCX_travaganza!
I'm ready to ride after the first week of June.
As far as I know at least half a dozen NC riders live close to the area.

I live in Dahlonega (about 15 miles from TWOS) & would like meeting up!! I'll be out of town till the 12th of June, , , & secondly would hope to be on my new Silver DCT Africa Twin by that time!!

After the 12th ID be glad to meet up!!

Hey, Krampus!
Let's have a meetup at TWoS for some NCX_travaganza!
I'm ready to ride after the first week of June.
As far as I know at least half a dozen NC riders live close to the area.

Wouldn't say I'm close. I was at the MSTA event in Helen. In June I'll be kicking around out in Kansas; see what they have to offer out there.

Well, you're truly "in the Wild".
Nice to have met ya! What's MSTA?

I live in Dahlonega (about 15 miles from TWOS) & would like meeting up!! I'll be out of town till the 12th of June, , , & secondly would hope to be on my new Silver DCT Africa Twin by that time!!

After the 12th ID be glad to meet up!! ��

I love twins, they're from Africa?

Can't wait to meet them.

Never noticed a NC until I bought one, and now I've seen 2 in the wild. One near my dwelling and one in DTLA (down town LA). The one downtown appears to work in a building I go to sometimes, seen it two times in 600 W. 7th parking garage.

I live in Los Banos and work in Morgan Hill CA I've spotted a couple that work near by there, I've spotted a couple of silver NC700X's one in Merced by the old theater/ Starbucks and in San Jose their is someone that works at a truck repair our manufacturing company right off the 101 by 880 junction

Last edited:
DCTFAN and I came across a black NC on US 321 in the Smokies, with Tennessee plates, 5 PM today. Was it anyone from the forum?

Saw a silver one while I was filling up at the Turkey Hill in Morgantown. He (she) was with another rider and went by too quick for me to honk.

After going two years and only seeing one NC, this weekend I came across a red Africa Twin up in Oak Point by the yacht club. It was beautiful...

Saw this one at the RaceTrac in Gainesville, GA about 3:10 this afternoon (June 21). All black NC. Rider in hi-viz vest. Anyone we know?
49c9190ac49afcfbccaa0bf1fc917dbf.jpg

I waved, but I guess he didn't see me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just over 9K miles and almost a year of ownership and yet to see another NCX even with two Honda dealer ships in my area.

I have just over 9K miles and almost a year of ownership and yet to see another NCX even with two Honda dealer ships in my area.

We're out there. Between ocr, 670, and the like, plus my own travels I would think I'd have run into another one in the wild. I've caught glimpse of them, but not well enough to be completely sure, other than a couple arranged meetings that is.

Don't know him, but sure like the HiViz jacket.
I rode Cornelia Hwy last week all the way to Lula, GA and made my way over to Dahlonega.
It's a nice ride.

Saw this one at the RaceTrac in Gainesville, GA about 3:10 this afternoon (June 21). All black NC. Rider in hi-viz vest. Anyone we know?
49c9190ac49afcfbccaa0bf1fc917dbf.jpg

I waved, but I guess he didn't see me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back