• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

Yes, I got 10% off.

I also see now that Sargent is about to ship their seats. I wish I could test sit these seats!

I'm guessing I'll just have to buy both the Shad and the Sargent and see which works better for me, then sell the other. Looking at pictures just doesn't help much.

No Contest!

Yes, I got 10% off.

I also see now that Sargent is about to ship their seats. I wish I could test sit these seats!

I can guarantee to that there will be no contest over which is the better seat!
And if you pre-registered with Sargent, their seat will also be less expensive!
Let your wallet be your guide!:rolleyes:

LOL. Brave words. I think I would wait a season before making that silly statement.Time will tell. As far as price I can not find the price of the Sargent so i am not qualified to answer that.

I can guarantee to that there will be no contest over which is the better seat!
And if you pre-registered with Sargent, their seat will also be less expensive!
Let your wallet be your guide!:rolleyes:

Guaranteed by you? So you will buy my Sargent seat from me at full price plus shipping if I am unsatisfied? Send me the paperwork and I will sign up!

Read the Fine print

Guaranteed by you? So you will buy my Sargent seat from me at full price plus shipping if I am unsatisfied? Send me the paperwork and I will sign up!
Go to the Sargent website and read the fine print. You can return your undamaged Sargent Seat to the manufacturer within the first 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping charge.
I would never guarantee your purchase. I don't even know you! If your happy with your current bike's seat, keep it! But I'm pre-registered and making the Sargent purchase!:p
Thank you very much.

Go to the Sargent website and read the fine print. You can return your undamaged Sargent Seat to the manufacturer within the first 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping charge.
I would never guarantee your purchase. I don't even know you! If your happy with your current bike's seat, keep it! But I'm pre-registered and making the Sargent purchase!:p
Thank you very much.

Just picking on ya! Your words were, "I can guarantee", not "Sargent guarantees." ;)

Last edited:
...... If your happy with your current bike's seat, keep it! But I'm pre-registered and making the Sargent purchase...

so... what about that corbin you were crowin about? not so much? and all those windshields???

just saying... ;)

I thought I had FAD** :confused:

but I must say, I like your style to keep trying

**farkel attention disorder

I think there is a better than not chance the Sargent is a better seat, but I've sat on some Sargent's that I didn't care for so it' s not 100%. At least there is some track record of the Shad, so by reading others' comments, at least I know about what I'll get. A much improved seat, but maybe not the best it can be. It's also reasonably priced IMO. I'm not sure about the Sargent's pricing, or about how much discount we might get. 10% off will still likely be much more than the Shad. 20% might approach a real deal, and enough to wait for. Still, I might be willing to pay the extra $$ if they get the damn things on the market already! I've been preregistered, so GIVE us a clue on pricing Sargent! :cool:

Never ending search

(so... what about that corbin you were crowin about?)
I still have and ride the Corbin. IMHO still the best of what's currently available.:)
But I'm always open to try a new product or idea. Life's short, death is forever! You can't come back for a do-over! :confused:
(.... and all those windshields???) Why not try'em all until you find what works best for you. It's only money.:rolleyes:

(but I must say, I like your style to keep trying). Thanks:eek:
Best to keep searching until you find the best for your needs and comfort!

Last week I ordered the Shad comfort seat for my NCX

I opened the box to see how it looks, I noticed that the "X" was missing on the passenger seat.

Does any one has this problem??

image.jpg

Also received mine last week and same as your...but I don't consider it a problem...my *** don't care :)

Hhmmm...maybe the ones with the "X" where 2013 seats, and we've got the 2014 model ?

I ordered it at a website from Belgium, and in a picture from this saddle theye sold it as a "2013" model ( with an "X" )
N
I send the dealer a e mail about this problem yesterday , so I hope to hear something about it this week

It seems there are various revisions. Mine is revision 2. The only notable difference with revision 1 is three washers for the rear seat.

The revision number is on the bottom right of the instructions sheet...

I think there is a better than not chance the Sargent is a better seat, but I've sat on some Sargent's that I didn't care for so it' s not 100%. At least there is some track record of the Shad, so by reading others' comments, at least I know about what I'll get. A much improved seat, but maybe not the best it can be. It's also reasonably priced IMO. I'm not sure about the Sargent's pricing, or about how much discount we might get. 10% off will still likely be much more than the Shad. 20% might approach a real deal, and enough to wait for. Still, I might be willing to pay the extra $$ if they get the damn things on the market already! I've been preregistered, so GIVE us a clue on pricing Sargent! :cool:

I have a Sargent Seat for my R1100RS that looks very similar to their one for the 700x

From past experiences:

The sargent seat will be taller than stock, especially if they have the tool tube built in (nice feature indeed!) The Shad does not raise the set height.

The Sargent seat will be firm.. atomic foam is less firm than Corbin's, much firmer than most stock seats (except the 700x torture device)

From current experience:

My Shad Comfort seat for my 700x is much more COMFORTable than my Sargent Seat for my RS... even though the Sargent looks "thicker" and "slicker" than the stock BMW seat.... don't get me wrong, the Sargent BMW seat is better than stock!

The Sargent seat for the wee strom is much more comfortable than the stock seat....

comparing mangos, pineapples, and bananas? probably..

Just saying that it'll take a way better seat than the Shad to switch (at a re-sale loss most likely)

I hope the Sargent seat works for those who have waited

I have a Sargent Seat for my R1100RS that looks very similar to their one for the 700x

From past experiences:

The sargent seat will be taller than stock, especially if they have the tool tube built in (nice feature indeed!) The Shad does not raise the set height.

The Sargent seat will be firm.. atomic foam is less firm than Corbin's, much firmer than most stock seats (except the 700x torture device)

From current experience:

My Shad Comfort seat for my 700x is much more COMFORTable than my Sargent Seat for my RS... even though the Sargent looks "thicker" and "slicker" than the stock BMW seat.... don't get me wrong, the Sargent BMW seat is better than stock!

The Sargent seat for the wee strom is much more comfortable than the stock seat....

comparing mangos, pineapples, and bananas? probably..

Just saying that it'll take a way better seat than the Shad to switch (at a re-sale loss most likely)

I hope the Sargent seat works for those who have waited

Thanks for your insight on Shad and Sargent. I had ordered a Shad last month on their 10% off deal but when Sargent finally announced their roll out date, I cancelled the Shad order as it had not yet shipped. Sargent claims they will take their seat back if I'm unsatisfied, so trying theirs first seemed like the best course of action.

From looks, I'd say the Shad looks more comfy, but I'm willing to give the Sargent a try. I like the fact that Sargent will sell only the front seat, as I never intend to carry a passenger on my NC700X and I don't care about the rear seat. I'm hoping to add Dale's rack in place of the rear seat anyway.

Corbin and Seat Concepts are out of the running for me.

Well for what it's worth, that's my story.

For what it's worth I am not super impressed with Shad's shipping department. I pre-ordered the seat a couple weeks ago, so I didn't expect it immediately. But on March 6 I got email notifying me the seat had shipped, with a UPS tracking number. And the charge arrived on my credit card. But when I go to the tracking number today, it still says that a tracking number has been created but the package is not yet in UPS's hands, so they can't tell me when it will be delivered. Who creates tracking numbers and then waits more than a week to actually give the package to the UPS guy?

Back