• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

she's going!!

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did a good deal this morning.
yesterday took my wife to have a look at a tracer 700 and to pick a colour.
I was going to wait till march next year.
wife went off to do her usual shopping,I walked over the road to their used department and low and behold they had a used one.
I ask if I could try it out on the road.
they said as its an ex demo.took for a spin. stalled on the 1st junction.....bollocks its not an auto.lol
soon got use to it, it pulls like a train much faster than my NC.
test the power 30mph in 5th gear ..open her up and off she went no hesitation same in 6th gear at 60 mph.
the only thing apart from the obvious it hasn't got a clock! but has the usual inc gear indicator etc.
most guys who bought this bike get 200 miles or more on a full tank(17 ltrs)
happy with the test so I bought it after some haggling.
no piccy at the moment.
they are delivering my bike and pick my nc up on weds as I dont want to tax it till around march time.
so a very happy chappy.
not the actual but the same.
yamaha-700-tracer.jpg

Last edited:
That's the one we call the FJ09 in the USA. Wonderful bike, with the FZ09 problems fixed but still with that great triple. That is about my favorite engine right now.

It is amazing Yamaha can build a bike so light and powerful and keep the price down.
Enjoy!

Oops! wrong bike. I have edited to show I realize I had the wrong bike, but I will leave my mistake up as a reminder to myself of my fallibility.

Last edited:
The FJ09 in the States is the Tracer 900 which has the 900 triple engine with 115 BHP
The Tracer 700 that Johnakay has bought has a 689cc Twin engine with 74BHP
Johnakay, very nice bike!
I've been watching those with interest, I must get. Test Ride....... :D

Andy

bike came early today.they wanted to make room for new delivery.
I was happy with that.
they also service the bike and free datatag.
the old girl before she went and in with the new.
DSC03480.jpgDSC03481.jpg

Woah, very different birds up to the feather colors!
I hope the new girl causes as many happy smiles as the old one or even more!

Please report back on how different is living with such a different road lover on the long run and which is preferable for a long term relationship.
Also what wife feels about the accommodation of each one.

Ride happily!

From one good bike to another. Best of luck with it John.

bought some accessories already,radiator guard,belly pan,fender extender.
more to get but a couple I'll make myself----- rack/crash bars.

I sat on the FJ09, FZ09 and FZ07 , the FJ09 was a little high and top heavy, the fz09 was a little lighter but still high but the fz07 was nice height ( i have a 32 inseam) and for commuting could totally see using the fz07 with the FJ09 for some short distance (1000 miles or less) touring - but i would probably end up buying an FJR for touring any great distances.

Congrats on the new ride

the local dealer who bought my bike has sold it already.
last advert price was £3750...
the new owner like the backrest/rack etc..
also the paintwork. tastefully done so he says.

Back