Shinko 009 Raven

mtnbiker1185

Reaction score
So I am going to need to replace the stock tires on my NC750X here in the next month or two. I have pretty much settled on Shinko 009 Raven's due to them having pretty good reviews and being about half the cost of Road 5's. A number of reviews have mentioned that they take awhile to warm up. Being as winter is coming and I plan on riding throughout the winter, I was wondering if anyone who has used these tires knows how well they perform in cold (30-40F) temps?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have almost worn through a front Shinko Raven, and I love this tire. Turn in is quick, and the center tread is deep, so they last awhile. I'm at around 15,000 miles now on my front, and I'm wearing the sides down more than the center due to riding twisties when I travel out if state. Since I live in flat land, it is unusual for me not to wear down the center first. The Raven front had been my favorite tire so far for the NC.

My Raven rear tire hasn't been on very long so I can't report on it yet. I ride in winter sometimes but not aggressively so I have had no problems with cold tires.