• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shinko 805 Rear (804 Front)

vman1313

Reaction score
Visit site
Weeeelllllllll my rear tire (an Avon Distanzia) was ruined by a rock/nail/or something...big huge hole in her....with only 2000 miles :mad: Was going to order another Distanzia as I was very impressed with her off road capabilities but saw that it was an 80 road/20 dirt and I definitely am a close to 60/40 rider. I have had Shinko's on my huge fast Busa and on my little nimble Ninja so I have complete trust in the Shinko name. Anyone tried or have experience with the Shinko 805? Or 804 front? It says 150/70/17...that will fit our beloved NCs right?

150/70/17 fits the rear. I run the Full Bore M40 which is a slightly modified Shinko705 during the winter. 805 is new so I haven't tried it. The 705 is a good tire off-road as long as it is dry. It will get you through some mud with a lot of spinning and sliding but really doesn't like muddy wet conditions. On the road it is great wet or dry. You may want to consider going more aggressive with the Mitas E07. Since my Kenda Big block is toast I'm thinking about the Mitas.

The 150/70 size is a little taller so it does change the gear ratio. Going up 1 tooth in the rear gets you basically back to stock ratio.

Weeeelllllllll my rear tire (an Avon Distanzia) was ruined by a rock/nail/or something...big huge hole in her....with only 2000 miles :mad: Was going to order another Distanzia as I was very impressed with her off road capabilities but saw that it was an 80 road/20 dirt and I definitely am a close to 60/40 rider. I have had Shinko's on my huge fast Busa and on my little nimble Ninja so I have complete trust in the Shinko name. Anyone tried or have experience with the Shinko 805? Or 804 front? It says 150/70/17...that will fit our beloved NCs right?

Don't worry the Avon wouldn't have lasted you much more than that anyways... At least not the front ;-) I am pretty impressed with my 705s after 5000+ miles..

One more thing to consider. That style of tread design on the 805 can be lacking in lateral grip in gravel. It is basically solid strips with only small cutouts so basically nothing to bite into gravel laterally. Works great in sand or really lose deep dirt where the tire sinks in to the material and the sinking gives you lateral resistance. It also should be resistant to mud packing. On gravel that design tends to slide a bit which some people are hang the tail out riders so it fits their riding style and like it. I had the Pirelli Scorpion Rally which is a similar tread pattern tire and didn’t like it. For me it was unpredictable and rolled around on the large aggregate gravel we have in Arkansas. It slid easily and I couldn’t predict when it was going to slide. I moved to the Kenda Big Block which has a staggered block pattern (TCK80 is same basic pattern) and found it more stable and predictable in gravel. I’m thinking the Mitas E07 should be good on gravel though it will lack a bit in mud as compared to the big block patterns.

Back