• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shots Fired: Yamaha FZ-07

That doesn't happen to you on the NC?

Of course not. I had a scheduling conflict that day. I was busy posing for the cover of GQ.

EDIT

misread you. Thought you were asking if that was me in the ad.

The only panties that get thrown at me stick.

Last edited:
I feel flattered that Yamaha targeted our baby! They should sell a few FZ-07's, but I'll never have one! ;)

The FZ-07 sounds like a great bike on paper. I am sure it will make for a great city bike/commuter bike. But I am a bit puzzled. Why is Yamaha picking the NC700X as it's main competitor? They are really not in the same class. Unless Yamaha is just picking an easy target so they can make the FZ-07 look good.

Yes yes, the Nissan Sentra is so much quicker and faster... compared to a Honda CR-V (that's what I think the NCX is in the car world).

I test rode the FZ-07 before I test rode the NC700X. I almost bought it. But decided to go check out the Honda dealer before I did. Really glad I did. One quick ride and I was sold. The NC is perfect for me. It does everything I was looking for in a bike.

I can see the attraction but I wouldn't buy one. I need storage. I'm not seeing this bike having a top box and panniers. I can't live without that. I miss having real power BUT the NC is such a good inner city commuting bike with lots of storage that it would not be worth the trade. I'm not so concerned about fuel economy but it is definitely a plus on the NC side.

I've never been on a fast bike. The NC has plenty of "quick" for me. I can always dart through traffic when I want or "need" to.
I rode with a friend of mine a little while back. He has a xqzfty1000 (?). Anyway, I know it's a 1000. That thing has more power than any street machine needs. He's already wrecked on it twice.
I guess the younger riders need that rush - but I don't.
I hope Honda can come up with an ad the espouses the virtues of our NC's without making it look like a rebuttal to the Yamaha ad.

I wonder if this video is the first in a series. I wouldn't be too surprised if they also made one comparing the FZ and one of the Kawasakl 650 models or Suzuki 650 etc.
I think a lot of prospective motorcycle buyers start off by looking at what they can get for X amount of dollars, and then further narrow down the choices based on bang for the buck items such as engine, braking, and handling. If your first criteria when choosing a new bike is price, then the NC and FZ are pretty strong competition for each other. At any rate, it seems to be an interesting marketing tool. Only time will tell how effective it is.
Once upon a time I thought that owning the "right" vehicle was a good way to attract members of the opposite sex, but it never seemed to work for me in actual practice. The women I was attracted to didn't seem to be overly interested in what I drove or rode. I still think it may be possible with the right vehicle, but I just can't afford a new Gulfstream G650 at the moment.:)

Bob

r1.jpg

Meet the new R1! It's guaranteed to be your new best friend. With a lower seat height than a KLR 650, its main competitor, you'll be able to flat-foot at stop lights more easily! With better acceleration than a TU250, its main competitor, you'll be the envy of the whole neighborhood. With better handling than a Harley Ultra Classic, its main competitor, you'll be able to carve the canyons with ease. And finally, with better fuel economy than a 1987 F-350, its main competitor, you'll spend less at the pump.

Way to go Yamaha!

Agent,
You may want to think about changing the above post to read "with a $10,000 lower price and better handling than a Harley Ultra classic".

I think if you make that one change and submit it with a job application to Yamaha's advertising department, they'd hire you on the spot. :)

I could also throw in the approved...er...um accepted safety gear for my target audience: MMA t-shirt, cargo shorts, flip flops, sunglasses and snapback turned around backwards.

[video=youtube;e63_mbOPMg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63_mbOPMg4[/video]

Now that the FZ-07 has been announced for release in the US it looks like Yamaha is firing shots at the competition. I thought the FZ-07 was closer to the CBR650F though? I guess with the NC700 being so dominate they've decided to attack that instead.

I hate myself for this, but I like it.... :mad:

Hey Honda, the FZ-07 has a larger engine, here is your chance to return fire and bring the NC750 to the USA.

The incoming CB650 standard is going to be more of a 650 class competitor than the NC750. The inline 4 650 is going to have 70 odd hp and styling that appeals to a sportier crowd. That's my opinion anyway.

The incoming CB650 standard is going to be more of a 650 class competitor than the NC750. The inline 4 650 is going to have 70 odd hp and styling that appeals to a sportier crowd. That's my opinion anyway.

So are you saying that Yamaha is trying to lure in buyers before the real class competition shows up?

View attachment 18028

Meet the new R1! It's guaranteed to be your new best friend. With a lower seat height than a KLR 650, its main competitor, you'll be able to flat-foot at stop lights more easily! With better acceleration than a TU250, its main competitor, you'll be the envy of the whole neighborhood. With better handling than a Harley Ultra Classic, its main competitor, you'll be able to carve the canyons with ease. And finally, with better fuel economy than a 1987 F-350, its main competitor, you'll spend less at the pump.

Way to go Yamaha!
You are a marketing genius. I see a bright future for you, working for Yamaha! LOL

Back