• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shots Fired: Yamaha FZ-07

Maconi

Reaction score
Visit site
[video=youtube;e63_mbOPMg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63_mbOPMg4[/video]

Now that the FZ-07 has been announced for release in the US it looks like Yamaha is firing shots at the competition. I thought the FZ-07 was closer to the CBR650F though? I guess with the NC700 being so dominate they've decided to attack that instead.

Last edited:
Wow, that's pretty low! Talk about cheap shots and deliberately misleading statements to try and puff yourself up, Yamaha...:eek:

Does anyone one on the planet think of or refer to the NC700X as a "Street fighter"? LOL! Did Yamaha deliberately ignore, or are they so woefully ignorant, about the years worth of explanations and the Honda being what it is, because it was designed to be an economical change of pace from exactly what the Yamaha type of bike is?

Good grief what a bunch of losers that came up with that ad!

That's a shame, because the FZ07 sure does look like a nice bike, but it's the polar opposite of the Honda- it has exactly the characteristics that I didn't want in my NCX.

Ditto that L.B.S. What is the mileage of the other bike? fuel capacity? range? hmmmm...where do I keep my helmet on the Yamaha? How long between oil changes?

To be honest, If the FZ07 had been available back in 2012 it would be in my garage right now. I'm a sucker for light weight, good handling bikes and a big fan of power.

However, It's not 2012 and after a year and a half of living with the NC700, I'm not making a mad dash to the local Yamaha dealer. I've found that I really like the versatility of the NC and I'm still impressed with how well it handles in town errands as well as long rides. The FZ is so small that I doubt it would be a good tourer and the short wheelbase isn't going to make it easy to add luggage.

For the last twenty years I've only kept 2 bikes for over 12 months. Those were the NC with 20 months and counting and the 2003 yellow and black Yamaha FZ1 that I had for 4 years. These days i'd rather have the economy and all around competency of the NC than the occasional adrenaline rush from grabbing a handful of throttle on a more sport oriented bike.

In short, I'm keeping the NC. I will admit however that sometimes I still miss having a 2 wheeled adrenalin pump.:)

Bob

FZ 7 in its current state is not a good bike for adventure riding.

Wheel Base: BMW 7 - 61.5"
Honda NC7 - 60.6"
Yamaha FZ7 55.1"

Short wheel base makes great street racer, but horrible adventure bike.

Front shocks BMW 7 - 6.7"
Honda NC7 - 5.4"
Yamaha FZ7 - 5.1"

Shorter suspension means lower seat height, but terrible Adventure bike.

Simple conclusion is not so simple - There is a very, very, very strong humor Yamaha has an adventure version motorcycle of FZ9 bike engine almost ready for production. Its cross plain crank will be an evolution in adventure bikes if it happens. It will send BMW, and everyone else back to the drawing board.

Yamaha World.jpg

Last edited:
"We can only define our product by comparing it to that of another maker. We can only sell it to you by using ludicrous terms like "street fighter", pumping in sexy music at key points, and selective mention of a few differences and omission of others. By the way, we think you're such a retard we did the math for you on the price difference."

Not an appealing advertisement strategy. And I'd say that whether I owned the Honda or not. Buzzwords, deception, omission, aiming the message at my gonads instead of my brain, and insulting my intelligence for good measure....No thanks, Yamaha.

I like the NC 700X that's why I bought it and not something like the Yamaha. On a short wheel base my knees would be killing me bent at those angles. At my age I am not interested in who can corner the fastest. Just something conformable and good mileage.

"We can only define our product by comparing it to that of another maker. We can only sell it to you by using ludicrous terms like "street fighter", pumping in sexy music at key points, and selective mention of a few differences and omission of others. By the way, we think you're such a retard we did the math for you on the price difference."

Not an appealing advertisement strategy. And I'd say that whether I owned the Honda or not. Buzzwords, deception, omission, aiming the message at my gonads instead of my brain, and insulting my intelligence for good measure....No thanks, Yamaha.

I think they hit the nail on the head for the market they want to attract to this bike......poor punk kids full of testosterone. It would make a nice addition to any of our garages but this wouldn't please very many of us old farts as our only bike. We're too mature and don't care about the way our image is presented to the young ladies.
Mike

I think they hit the nail on the head for the market they want to attract to this bike......poor punk kids full of testosterone. It would make a nice addition to any of our garages but this wouldn't please very many of us old farts as our only bike. We're too mature and don't care about the way our image is presented to the young ladies.
Mike

Oh, let's not go overboard here. If they could GUARANTEE that this bike would make women throw their panties at me as I ride by then they couldn't possibly insult my intelligence enough or bend my knees so badly that I wouldn't mortgage my soul to get one.

I have never liked advertising that attacks or runs down a competitor. Just highlight the features on your own product that you want to prospective purchaser to know about. The unfortunate thing about the present ad is that they are not really comparing apples to apples, but two different bikes created for two different potential markets. And did you notice how scrunched up the rider on the Yamaha looked? I'll stay with my NC700 and smile all the while I'm riding!

Mike
Agreed, Dr.
I really like my NC. I don't need MORE hp or faster turning. I want to go long distances in relative comfort . I REALLY like my gas mileage (yes. I'm cheap). I like what I hear from the knowledgeable folks around here that our engines will be around long after the punks trash theirs.
Theirs will sell but the ad is comparing apples to oranges.
I do like the looks except for the front end.

Oh, let's not go overboard here. If they could GUARANTEE that this bike would make women throw their panties at me as I ride by then they couldn't possibly insult my intelligence enough or bend my knees so badly that I wouldn't mortgage my soul to get one.

Well, when you say it like that........:D
Mike

That doesn't happen to you on the NC?

Back