• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Show us your pussy stripes!

Badger

Reaction score
Visit site
Well folks most of us have a limit to how much we dip our bike on bends and this is visible on the type of wear on our tyres also lovingly called Pussy Stripes!

So would like to see pictures from all you brave and daring riders of NC's as well as The Not So brave! Lets share some photos of your worn tyres to see the depth of your riding abilities :)

Trying to get a bit of a discussion going on this topic so pictures are a must!

As you can see from my stripes I have about 1.5 inches from the edge as that is pretty much my limit and ability.

Lets see yours...

Attachments

• pussy stripes.jpg
    pussy stripes.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 602
Well folks most of us have a limit to how much we dip our bike on bends and this is visible on the type of wear on our tyres also lovingly called Pussy Stripes!

So would like to see pictures from all you brave and daring riders of NC's as well as The Not So brave! Lets share some photos of your worn tyres to see the depth of your riding abilities :)

Trying to get a bit of a discussion going on this topic so pictures are a must!

As you can see from my stripes I have about 1.5 inches from the edge as that is pretty much my limit and ability.

Lets see yours...

We call those "Chicken Strips" over on this side of the pond, lol. I will say I got a bit nervous about the thread title until I saw it was from Fair Britannia...it could be misinterpreted over here, and then I'd need to make it go away. You meant it in good family taste, right? :)

What? Are we still in preschool? How many of these childish threads are we going to endure? Kill it PLEASE!
Mike

ps. Mine are much thinner than that but I don't feel compelled to show you

Last edited:
While I like the term chicken strips better, I'm not opposed to the tread simply because of the language. I suggest you gentlemen never travel overseas. You'll be too often offended to enjoy yourselves!!

Being an international online community, I don't have a problem with members using their local language to add flavor to the discussions. Are cigarettes still called Fags on the other side of the pond?

Speaking of Fags, google youtube for the South Park Tv show episode that dealt with a new use for the term FAG - it's motorcycle related and hilarious!

But on the original topic, I must point out that a skilled rider will hang off the bike in corners to allow for greater cornering speeds. This skilled rider may have the same size chicken strips as the bolt upright sitting rider, but he'll be going around the same corner at a much higher speed. Now if you're hanging off and also have melted rubber right up to the edge of the tire, then I'll be impressed! ;)

Badger, I must say you've got quite a big hmm... hmm.. Not that there is anything wrong with it :)

Hmmm didn't realise that my thread would cause so much of an issue on the basis that it was meant to be a joke rather than some serious upset being caused. On this side of the pond we call them P**** stripes like the same way cigarettes are called F***S

I think its a matter of what phrases people use locally. Harald- I agree with you, this is an international NC community so you can expect different phrases being used.

I apologise if this thread has caused so much debate, happy to have it deleted if thats what people want. It still wont change what we call them here!

The terminology doesn't bother me. It's the motorcycle equivalent of school boys comparing anatomy in the locker room. What does it prove? And, we just did this a couple of weeks ago. That's all.
Mike

Well, I do declare! My sensibilities have been affronted! Neva have I eva heard such verbal atrocities!

Heh, I always get a kick out of these threads. They're completely useless, but still amusing. It's especially enlightening on a forum devoted to the most bad-*** track monster ever engineered.

All that aside, it's still interesting how far over different people are comfortable leaning this thing on the stock tires.

Hmmm didn't realise that my thread would cause so much of an issue on the basis that it was meant to be a joke rather than some serious upset being caused. On this side of the pond we call them P**** stripes like the same way cigarettes are called F***S

I think its a matter of what phrases people use locally. Harald- I agree with you, this is an international NC community so you can expect different phrases being used.

I apologise if this thread has caused so much debate, happy to have it deleted if thats what people want. It still wont change what we call them here!

Well I have lived on your side of the pond all my life and have always heard them referred to as chicken stripes so where you get the P version from I do not know. You probably made it up thinking it was funny :)

Well, I do declare! My sensibilities have been affronted! Neva have I eva heard such verbal atrocities!

Heh, I always get a kick out of these threads. They're completely useless, but still amusing. It's especially enlightening on a forum devoted to the most bad-*** track monster ever engineered.

All that aside, it's still interesting how far over different people are comfortable leaning this thing on the stock tires.

did the board ops just warn us a few weeks ago about using constructions like "bad-***"?

I like the jumbo size "chicken strips" with extra, diet, whimpy sauce!

I am very comfortable leaning way over thru that blind turn,

until I see all that gravel out on the road, that's when Little Pxssy Strxpes, turn into Big Pxssy Strxpes

sometimes I will Strxpes my shorts when that happens

what the heck you on about mr badger,,they are chicken strips,,,, anyway my are not as narrow as yours,,but I could not give a dam,,at 57 I have nothing to prove!!!

Back