• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side leak

When you do the repair by removing the corrosion you should repaint, let dry then reinstall the tire. Exposed aluminum will oxidize quickly and the problem will return.

Forgive me if it was mentioned in the previous posts.

When you remove the tire from the rim you'll find some brownish/red gritty clay or casting sand clinging to the alloy wheel (where the tire bead seats) that was not removed prior to mounting the tire.

yep. it have nothing to do with moisture or corrosion(about 5K on the bike and it was stored in the garage (about 50% humidity) all the time)

Like I mentioned before, My rim leak has slowly started again. It's a single spot on the RH side of the rear rim. They are pretty easy to spot using a bottle of soapy water. In this pic, you can kind of make out the little trail of bubbles at the bead area that I marked with a crayon.

20141203_162119.jpg

Lou,
Thanks for posting your chain lube. :)
I'll be buying some. I used to use the Dupont Teflon Chain Lube until
they changed the manufacturer and the formula.
PCG

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what happened to the Dupont Teflon Chain Lube?

Back