• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side stands across the years of manufacture

Vulcan24v

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I lowered my 750X 2020 to fit me but the side stand is too long now and holds the bike too upright for my liking. Looking on the internet I can find many replacement stands that adjust but every one says 2021 onwards.
My question is does anybody know if the fitting on the bike for the side stand was universal over the years? I know that the 21 version is slightly lower than mine.

Will a stand that says 2021 fit my 2020 bike?

cheers for any help.

George

I don’t have an answer for your question, but I just want to say I am not a fan of “adjustable” side stands. I have seen examples of them… ahem, “spontaneously adjusting.” Not something you want to happen.

I understand that concern but the one I'm looking at has a screw that locates properly into a hole in the shaft making it impossible to collapse. The one you mention just has a screw which tightens onto the shaft which to me also seemed an accident waiting to happen.

Is it worth me sourcing a 2021+ original stand, are they shorter?

I don’t know the answer to the ‘20 vs ‘21 compatibility, but have you considered an OEM sidestand from an early model NC700S? The S sat lower to the ground than the X, but we don’t know how much you’ve lowered your X.

Cut the little foot off-shorten it and weld it back on local welder /ornamental iron shop can do it cheaply
Yes, this is exactly what I was going to say!

If you do get an adjustable, I still say the same thing, when you get it where you like it have it welded in place so it doesn't 'spontaneously adjust' like @Dan German said.

Back