• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Slip On?

OneGun

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm sure this has been asked a million times by countless rooks like myself, so I apologize in advance for what is undoubtedly redundant, but I didn't really find anything that answered my questions in other threads... yes, I actually looked.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good slip on muffler for my nc. I've seen some recommendations and some youtube vids, but it seems like a lot of the stuff is only available in Europe... well... I'm in Michigan.

So, is it possible to get a decent slip on that will improve the sound (not really looking for a performance increase) and maybe even add some aesthetic appeal for $400'ish? I'd like the bike to sound better... like a motorcycle.

Thanks in advance.

Try Beowulf in the UK. They will post to the USA. They have an excellent reputation for build quality.
I believe at least one person on this forum purchased a slip on from Beowulf and he was impressed
with the quality of service he received.

You didn't search hard enough!! :p

Here's my NC with Leo Vince Carbon...

I picked it up here.

A quick google search netted the following:

Click!

Amazon.com had lots!

Well that definitely seems like what I'm looking for. My only issue is the sticker. I don't know if I could remove it before I install the pipe, but I guess it's not that big a deal. I think the sticker clashes with the overall style of the bike; it's not subtle.

In any case, thanks for the links and all the info. Also thanks for posting that vid. I think I'll have to make that purchase.

You didn't search hard enough!! :p

Here's my NC with Leo Vince Carbon...

I picked it up here.

A quick google search netted the following:

Click!

Amazon.com had lots!

I think this might be the way to go then. Sorry I missed this thread. Decent price on this too. The only thing I don't like is that sticker. I wonder if I could get it off with a heat gun.

In any case, thanks. Sounds really good in that vid too.

+1 on the Leo Vince. I also just pulled the baffle on mine a few weeks ago. Sounds amazing without being too loud or sounding too "uncorked". There's a slight popping when decelerating at lower RPMs. Build quality is excellent, attach hardware is excellent. I'd buy the same slip again.

Happy,
It doesn't work that way in the USA. Over here the pedestrians just stop, turn so they're facing the bike, and proceed to give you a really good view of their finger.:)

Bob

So, is it possible to get a decent slip on that will improve the sound...

Like you, I've been looking for one that will "improve the sound", but... alas... none of them advertise that they will make my beloved NC700x sound any QUIETER than it already does.

If you find one that will silence this motorcycle even more, please let me know.

Like you, I've been looking for one that will "improve the sound", but... alas... none of them advertise that they will make my beloved NC700x sound any QUIETER than it already does.

If you find one that will silence this motorcycle even more, please let me know.

The NC already sounds like a muted sewing machine...so...quieter??
media_preview.php

how about wearing these,can't get any quieter than this unless you're already deaf!!
1324.jpg

:cool:I got the GPR Deeptone Thunder Exhaust.... AWESOME!!!! With both silencers in, the volume is only increased slightly, but the sound quality is improved 10 fold !!!! Nice "Throaty" sound, not ricey at all and , INCREDIBLE IMPROVEMENT!!

... take out the rear silencer, Volume increased by MUCH more, Quality of sound improves as well... Not too loud, you can hear the hum lightly at 75mph.

... remove front silencer..... I am still thinking about it... lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The NC already sounds like a muted sewing machine...so...quieter??
media_preview.php

Well... I understand why someone would want a deeper, louder, sound.
My own criterion for a new motorcycle was: quiet, reliable, with "different" engineering. The NC700x fits all three for me.
If it made NO NOISE, that would be a plus.

(cool photo by the way!)

Last edited:
Back