• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So very happy

jimzx

Reaction score
Visit site
Live in the Chattanooga, TN area. Just bought a brand new 2015 red NC700x on Friday. Test drove a black one last weekend and loved it, but wanted red. They broke it out of the crate and gave me the bike and keys (3 miles on the odometer). Extremely happy with Southern Honda Powersports. Tax and all, it was $7,425. Worth every penny! I will ride for 5 years, then MAYBE, look into a VFR1200x, but doubt I will dell this bike.

It is virgin, and will probably get LEDs on the fork, a Sargent seat, center stand. Maybe a windscreen and bags later on. If you are in the area, send a message to me.

Thank you everyone for all the information. It really helped.

Jim

Attachments

• 20160429_161344-1.jpg
    20160429_161344-1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 269
Join us in May at the Kickstand Motorcycle Campgound for a weekend of riding.

Red is the fastest.

Thats a nice looking red. I just bought mine two months ago. This forum has given me a lot of info on upgrades. Money well spent though.

What a crazy coincidence, I bought a black one from the same dealership last Saturday. I paid the same price, and I am just as happy!

wait to get a windscreen. I'm going back to the small one next time out. Heat is here. you'll need it maybe in Nov.

And of course red is fastest

What a crazy coincidence, I bought a black one from the same dealership last Saturday. I paid the same price, and I am just as happy!

HA! Did you come down with your daughter? Did yours have 37 miles on it when you purchased? If so, that is the bike I test drove and sold me on the fact I HAD to get one. I was fortunate they had a red one too, or I would have been SOL..... HAHA

wait to get a windscreen. I'm going back to the small one next time out. Heat is here. you'll need it maybe in Nov.

And of course red is fastest

TY Good advice. I am going to get LEDs first, then center stand.

I have a 35" inseam, so I had them lower the rear brake lever down. I will probably have them lower it some more. Otherwise, I feel very comfortable in all aspects.

Great looking bike. This forum is great for mods. Here are mine. I went a little nuts but I have no regrets.

Very Very Important
Get a radiator guard as soon as possible. There are many out there. I have a R&G. A rock can easily blow a hole in your radiator and they are hard to repair. So, you will typically need a new one. Rock strike is not covered by warranty and will set you back $500 before installation.

Mods I have

20" Madstad light tint windshield
Shad seat
Puig Rear Hugger
Puig fender extender for front fender
Vario extended and adjustable footpegs
Rox Bar Risers
SW Motech Hand Guards
SW Motech Skid Plate
Rear LED Bar Light with Flasher
Center Stand
12volt connector for trickle charger
NC 700x Red Stickers for the rims

Had the dealer do the centerstand and they threw in the connector and installation for free.

I did the rest myself as I trust my work more than the dealer and I saved a ton of money that way.

Have fun
Brett

Last edited:
Great looking bike. This forum is great for mods. Here are mine. I went a little nuts but I have no regrets.

Very Very Important
Get a radiator guard as soon as possible. There are many out there. I have a R&G. A rock can easily blow a hole in your radiator and they are hard to repair. So, you will typically need a new one. Rock strike is not covered by warranty and will set you back $500 before installation.

Mods I have

20" Madstad light tint windshield
Shad seat
Puig Rear Hugger
Puig fender extender for front fender
Vario extended and adjustable footpegs
Rox Bar Risers
SW Motech Hand Guards
SW Motech Skid Plate
Rear LED Bar Light with Flasher
Center Stand
12volt connector for trickle charger
NC 700x Red Stickers for the rims

Had the dealer do the centerstand and they threw in the connector and installation for free.

I did the rest myself as I trust my work more than the dealer and I saved a ton of money that way.

Have fun
Brett

Thx Brett! I would like to do the add-ons myself. Do you have a suggestion for the radiator guard? Best one and best place to buy price wise? I will do that first if it is not too unsightly. I REALLY like the look of the bike as it is, but I know certain add-ons are going to make my riding more pleasurable.

HA! Did you come down with your daughter? Did yours have 37 miles on it when you purchased? If so, that is the bike I test drove and sold me on the fact I HAD to get one. I was fortunate they had a red one too, or I would have been SOL..... HAHA

I thought it might be the same bike at first, but it only had 3 miles on it when I went for a test ride. They told me it was the last black one they had. You're lucky I decided to go with black, I was 50/50 on it, haha. I came down from Nashville on my own, although I met my Aunt and Uncle in Chattanooga for the weekend since they happened to be riding up from Georgia.

I'm 6'1 with ~35" inseam.
Lowering footpegs drop your knees down and decreases knee angle. I've ran 30mm drop which there is plenty of adjustment on the rear brake pedal for that much drop.
The stock seat isn't all that good. You will probably find yourself sitting toward the back of the seat and then sliding forward. Several aftermarket ones reduce or eliminate the slope. There is also a thread on do it yourself slope mods. A taller seat also helps with knee angle.
You may like handlebar risers. Lots of us have used Rox Risers 2".

A quick ebay search finds radiator guards from around $35 - $105.
I got a stainless steel one for $35 from Thailand . If you don't mind waiting a little you can save money for other things like a windshield that works-lol

Congratulations, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. Red really is great looking. I was hoping to find a red one too but found a deal I couldn't pass up on a year old black one. Nine months later I'm still loving it. Honestly, I think they all look good.

Back