• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Socket Size Needed ??

jayceegee

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, Searched and could not find the answer -- so turn to the Pro's. I need to loosen the rear tire to adjust the chain. I don't have a socket big enough to fit and need to purchase one. Question is what size do I buy ??? Thanks all.

Hello, Searched and could not find the answer -- so turn to the Pro's. I need to loosen the rear tire to adjust the chain. I don't have a socket big enough to fit and need to purchase one. Question is what size do I buy ??? Thanks all.

27mm (in theory, I've heard a 1-1/16" works as well)

From a chain adjusting thread.

I was going to ride to work this morning and noticed my chain looked like it was sagging more than usual, so I decided to measure it.

60mm!!! :eek:

I don't know why it would have changed so much in 6 weeks, maybe I was measuring wrong. The chain will touch the swingarm at the midway point with the rear value stem at 12,3,6 and 9 o'clock, resting on the side stand.

Decided not to ride and order a Motion Pro chain alignment tool and will pick a 22mm wrench and 27mm socket today.

belrix

Back