• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speaking of dash cams......

I am basically looking through at a bunch of dash cams. So far this interest me.
I like the fact that the lens is seperate from the main logic (black box) and the lens is waterproof.
Plus, I can hide the lens better than the other designs.

With my GoPro and SJ400 I am often frustrated with how poorly I see an animal or something cross the road in front of me. Think the narrower angle may help but of course miss some side view.

Currently using my gopro2 and it's ok, but it's not really meant as a dash cam. Your right about the lens, if you don't like it it's only about a $30 to $35 change out.

I can see your reasoning about going to the 90 degree lens.
I may go that route also.

Where do you plan on mounting the lens??? I was thinking under the beak???

Ken

Currently using my gopro2 and it's ok, but it's not really meant as a dash cam. Your right about the lens, if you don't like it it's only about a $30 to $35 change out.

I can see your reasoning about going to the 90 degree lens.
I may go that route also.

Where do you plan on mounting the lens??? I was thinking under the beak???

Ken
I was thinking of next to turn signal, but still thinking. Want to get my hands on it to see size against bike and evaluate mounts.

I was thinking under the beak as well. Might try to make some kind of anti-jello mount. Might be overkill though.

I do like just a bit of the bike in frame in the video though. Probably won't get that under the beak.

I was thinking under the beak as well. Might try to make some kind of anti-jello mount. Might be overkill though.

I do like just a bit of the bike in frame in the video though. Probably won't get that under the beak.

I had my GoPro mounted to the top side of the beak and it gave a good perpective. I didn't want the bike in the frame and it looked good perched there. I used only the GoPro sticky mounts and that sucker was stuck good. I cleaned the surface with a wet rag before application. I did secure the camera with a safety lanyard just in case but never had a problem. Sat there for over a year in all kinds of weather. Extreme heat to massive down pours and I had to fight it to get it off. Just thought I would mention that.

thanks for that segeantchuck.

what i like about the round lens is that it matches my aux LED lights (denali) on the bike.

great idea to separate lenses.looking forward for vids. interesting to see how it will perform with such long wire.

great idea to separate lenses.looking forward for vids. interesting to see how it will perform with such long wire.

there have been some reviews on the Guzzi forum as guys are just now getting the cameras and using them. Overall very good reviews, there have been some minor complaints of addressing the white balance, seems the settings are a bit wonky. more info as it becomes available.

Just got mine.
Installed the lens behind the tall windscreen.
Mounted the controller on the panel in front of battery.
Routing the cable camera cable to controller was easy.
for power, i used the honda optional power port that was there.
Did this at work.... Yes. pretty fast install.

came home and put in the 32 gig micro sd card in her.
Will ride this week to see how it looks.

Ken

Just setup the config on the little controller box.

I set it to this:
datetime=2014:11:11 16:41:44
datestamp=off
videostamp=MOTORCYCLE
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=120s
moviesize=1080p
photosize=3m
videocliplength=5min
selftime=off
continueshot=1
videosound=off
wb=normal
recordingindicator=on
hz=60
motiondetect=off
ev=0
saturation=normal
gsensor=normal
tvmode=ntsc
lapsetime=off

Will film soon with the above config.

I have some video that the config was at default. The sound was on, hz was at 50, the time stamp and date was on and is also wrong date. Care to see that?

Ken

Last edited:
Back