• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock exhaust

zannisvel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!!
I have a quick question. I just installed the stock exhaust back on the bike. I can feel exhaust fumes coming off the exhaust where the muffler connects to the mid pipe. After closer inspection I see that there is a hole on the stock muffler and this is where the exhaust fumes are coming off.
Can somebody check this on his/her bike? You can feel it just by putting your hand on the connection after starting the bike.
2019 NC750x
Thank you guys

Hey guys!!
I have a quick question. I just installed the stock exhaust back on the bike. I can feel exhaust fumes coming off the exhaust where the muffler connects to the mid pipe. After closer inspection I see that there is a hole on the stock muffler and this is where the exhaust fumes are coming off.
Can somebody check this on his/her bike? You can feel it just by putting your hand on the connection after starting the bike.
2019 NC750x
Thank you guys
If the hole is small and neatly placed, it is likely a factory made drain hole for condensation. Combustion product water can drain from the muffler there. Mine is a 2012 with a different muffler style, but perhaps you or someone with a 2016+ can post a photo of said hole.

It is small and neatly placed. It had a diameter of a couple millimeters. It does sound logical that it is placed there for drain purposes.
Thank you for your reply.

I have a 2012 and the hole is at the back end of the muffler. I said out loud when I saw the hole in the picture - "seems like a rather odd place for a hole" until I saw the second pic showing the steep angle of the muffler - ah yes - that's the low point to drain condensation.

Back