• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Strenthen rear rack

Alabama Al

Reaction score
Visit site
Worrying about the rear rack cracking from hitting bumps, I designed a brace to strengthen it. I bought 2-3' lengths of 1/2 "hollow round stock. I bent them 90 degree on one end and pounded about 8" flat on the other end. Next find a short piece of round stock that fits into the hollow tubing, cut it to size so the hole assembly fits under the rear rack in front of those studs that stick down on the rear. Tie it under the rear rack with the long ends toward the front of the bike. Measure the flat end and cut it off just past the rear bolt for the saddle bag mounting bracket. Drill a hole in it & bolt it on. Then drill a hole down thru the rack, and brace and bolt them together. You could sit on the rear rack now without it breaking. No more worries.

What do they always say? Oh yeah, pics or it didn't happen.....
Something like what you're talking about is really better explained visually - to me anyway...

What kind of rack are you strengthening? The Honda rack?

Here are some photo's. I mounted a Scottoiler e-system to the one on the left. I bent the tubing with a conduit bender. 100_0885.jpg100_0886.jpg 100_0886.jpg100_0888.jpg

Back