• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Summary of my mods - madstad, luggage, etc

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I am always interested in seeing what others have changed or added on their bikes so I thought I would throw together a summary of mine so far.
It is a 2014 NC750X manual transmission.
Let me know if you have any questions or want further info about anything.

mQ4jPQt.jpg

• Hand Guards (in some of the pictures)
    I ordered these from AliExpress here. I am not sure about them. I had them on for a while, but then I changed my mind about the look of them. They touch the MadStad a little, but only when turned 100%. With warmer weather coming up I likely will leave them off but will think about it again later in the year.
  • Madstad winshield - 22", medium gray
    Love it. I like the look. No more buffeting at any speed I have tested. I like the medium gray but maybe would consider a light gray if ordering again.​
    As a reference, I am 6'1 with 32" in-seam​
    sxwGF0M.jpg
  • Luggage
    Bought used​
    Givi v35 + Admore lights​
    Givi e52 Maxia top box with brake light, top rack and backrest. Using the Givi "universal mounting plate" with it all mounted as forward as possible.​
    The lights are excellent. Great peace of mind having the extra visibility from the back. The Admore's are always on, brake lights and turn signals.​
    The Admore on the side bags use a quick release cable which is easy to take on and off. The light for the top box uses an SAE connector for quick disconnecting. Patching into the bikes wiring was incredibly easy using Posi-tap connectors. I would have dreaded doing it any other way (splicing/soldering) due to the location under the rear seat.​
    Bought PLX1111, FZ1111 racks and top box rack and backrest from Motostorm​
    f7aSERs.jpg
    bYodj0E.jpg
  • Mirror extenders
    One of the best things I added to the bike. I now have full mirror view on both sides. Search ebay for "10mm cnc mirror extender"​
  • Seat cover
    For now my seat comfort solution is a gel seat cover. Originally intended for ATV seats, the front folds under and provides some height increase to the front of the seat. It quick releases with buckles that are not in the way at all when the cover is not on the bike.​
    OHqUK64.jpg
    More pictures here: Seat cover - Album on Imgur
  • Givi engine guards
    Never had to use them and hope I never do. Easy to put on and I like the look. I plan on putting lights and highway pegs on eventually.​
  • Garage remote control button
    An ebay sourced button (link) that I wired into a spare garage remote​

Last edited:
Awesome looking bike!

Not to hijack the thread, but the seat cover is from Wal-Mart. Look in the ATV/Motorcycle section. It is for an ATV but as the OP stated the front bit can be folded under, helps with the slope issue. I put many thousands of miles on this cover.

It's Coleman/MadDog. It's not gel -- not the ones I've seen anyway -- it's closed cell foam probably 3/8"-thick between bonded fabric. Had one on a dualsport and found it added a bit of height but not comfort, for me anyway. Fairly cheap though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bike! In that first pic however I noticed a serious problem immediately. It appears the NC is way too big for you. No way you are going to flat foot that bike... Also you need to get a smaller helmet, it looks like that is too big for you also... LOL

Thanks for sharing the pics. I am always interested in what other people have come up with for mods on their bikes. :)

VERY nice! I especially like all the visibility you have added to the rear of your motorcycle. When traveling at night whether in fog or rain that can be a real life saver. Most stock motorcycles get by with a couple of watts on a terribly dim rear tail lamp that can hardly be seen by a texting cage driver. You did a very nice mod!

Are those lamps made specifically for your luggage or can they they be easily retrofitted to other bags? I have Givi Trekker Outbacks have thought about adding some lamps. Was going to use a pair of Whelen TIR 3 strobes, one orange (turn signal) and one red (combo running lamp and brake lamp) on each rear bag. Not sure how to do a quick disconnect wire so I could pull the bags off quickly. Can you remove the rear bags if necessary without too much problem?

Last edited:
Also you need to get a smaller helmet, it looks like that is too big for you also

I know you were joking, but I agree that his helmet looks big - but it is sized correctly. It is a XS adult helmet. I think it just looks weird on a small kid.

It's Coleman/MadDog. It's not gel -- not the ones I've seen anyway -- it's closed cell foam probably 3/8"-thick between bonded fabric. Had one on a dualsport and found it added a bit of height but not comfort, for me anyway. Fairly cheap though.

You are very likely right - gel would cost a lot more. It is cheap. I got mine from Amazon.ca here. I find it quite comfortable, and it raises the front a little bit with the front part of the cover folded under.

Are those lamps made specifically for your luggage or can they they be easily retrofitted to other bags? I have Givi Trekker Outbacks have thought about adding some lamps. Was going to use a pair of Whelen TIR 3 strobes, one orange (turn signal) and one red (combo running lamp and brake lamp) on each rear bag. Not sure how to do a quick disconnect wire so I could pull the bags off quickly. Can you remove the rear bags if necessary without too much problem?

They are model specific. The light for the top box is Givi brand made specifically for that top box. The side bag lights are by Admore, again, specifically for those side bags.

I really like the Admore lights, having nothing else to compare them too. Wiring was easy. They are not cheap - I am glad they were already installs and included in the used luggage I bought - I don't think I would have justified paying for them otherwise.

They don't seem to have a specific light for the trekker models, but they have universal ones that can be retrofitted. Link here. I am sure the lights are high quality too, but with Admore I think you are also paying a premium for the "computer" They actually charge over $100 for just it (if you have a 2nd bike you want to wire up). It changes the lights from running lights, to brakes, to turn signals through the single leds.
I have also seen other forum posts about the Admore light bars.

The rear bags come off very easily using the Admore quick disconnect cable - as I mentioned, it is a single cable to each bag and the lights are controlled by the "computer". It is a 1/4 turn quick connector. I zipped tied the cables to the racks and have about 5 inches of cable free at the end to do the connection. I just have to get it close, connect it and attach the bags as normal. When the bags are not on I use a little velcro strap to secure the 5" cable ends.

The previous owner wired up the top box light wires to the brake light using a standard SAE cable. It works great and is simple to disconnect.

Back