• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech NC700X DCT Skid Plate

I have ordered mine a few weeks ago. It is supposed to come in next week. Also ordered the crash bars (same make) and a set of TKC 80 (with some bottles of RideOn)... As you can deduct, I intend to take my bike off the black top... if spring can get here for real...

That's it, received the skidplate and crashbars today. Installed them in a couple of hours - went on easy, no problem. Next step, the tires...

Sorry about the bad picture quality. But you get the idea ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_20150406_190912.jpg
    IMG_20150406_190912.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,134
  • IMG_20150406_190952.jpg
    IMG_20150406_190952.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG_20150406_191107.jpg
    IMG_20150406_191107.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 995
Well my skid plate arrived today. Going to wait until the bike gets outta the shop to put it on. So that'll be about another week and a half.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here is mine, installation was pretty simple, the quality is great by SW-Motech as always, the only problem i had was with the horn, i used the motech bracket to mount the horn but when i screw the horn tight its sounds very weak, if i loosen it up its sound ok. :/

xe4hz7.jpg

2cd8q40.jpg

ju8hzn.jpg

Other than HondaBikePro this is the best I have seen. The fasteners have a light look to them though. How is it attached?

Also looks like the bottom piece comes off for servicing the bike leaving the rest attached?

Here is mine, installation was pretty simple, the quality is great by SW-Motech as always, the only problem i had was with the horn, i used the motech bracket to mount the horn but when i screw the horn tight its sounds very weak, if i loosen it up its sound ok. :/

QUOTE]

I had the same problem with the stock horn when I mounted it on the new skid plate and now have the same problem with its Freeway Blaster replacement. I'll have to try backing the nut off a bit.

Other than HondaBikePro this is the best I have seen. The fasteners have a light look to them though. How is it attached?

Also looks like the bottom piece comes off for servicing the bike leaving the rest attached?

You can see two of the four mounting bolts in the post just above yours. The other two bolts are at the front. There are pictures in posts 22, 26 and 39 in this thread.

Last edited:
Mounted mine today. Not for a DCT though I have a manual, but figured why start another thread when u can just add to this one.

Instructions leave a little to be desired for those who would prefer precise step by step instructions with pictures or accurate drawings. Plus they should have known I would already have the SWMotech crash bars installed and account for it in the instructions.

Anyways, I had some of the same issues as others mentioned, had to make the rear two holes bigger with a rat tail file, also had to trim some of the plate off to address clearance issues with the center stand when it's deployed.

So here's some pictures,

First is showing some of the cuts I had made.
50775e52e81984a73d4b38e1b5f32234.jpg

5c0b5ef96485687564a501630beb013f.jpg

4685bcbe6071115a7cf402667bdda037.jpg

9a3164a4051ba5fc815d62c6cac77570.jpg

Now finished product.
80f450b3bbbe97e31724bb447d0bf420.jpg

a99c4e7bfe56f855d4a1c754f9270f27.jpg

e13bf31492888d116a1f98ec4195b725.jpg

Overall it took longer than I had anticipated, due to the cuts I had to make. But it wasn't too bad I guess. Just wish these bolt on parts would just bolt on and not require modifications to fit right out the box. It sure looks good though!

Got my skid plate installed yesterday, had to file the right side a little to clear the center stand, overall I really like it!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I too had some grinding to do on the skid plate (SW Motech) to get it to clear the centre stand when down. BUT once on .....it looks a thousand times better. The coverage is leaps and bounds better than stock (which is nothing but the plastic front thing). I did a oil change while I was making the switch.

Leave on a week long bike trip tomorrow .....will see how everything works out !! ;)

Bought mine for DCT. Did the minor cutting on the right side and filed a bit on the left before I started, since many have fed back on some mainstand clearance issues. Sprayed clear Rustoleum Hi-Temp paint to protect the aluminium. Everything fits nicely and skid plate goes on and off easily for maintenance.

I just ordered this skid plate. I am fairly mechanical but haven't ever spent time grinding metal. I think I'll just a file to make sure it doesn't interfere with the center stand. My bike feels naked without it and if there was road damage to my bike, I would still have a $500 deductible. So, this is a smart purchase around $300. Not looking forward to install but I'm sure I will figure it out.

installed the sw motech skid plate, i had to trim a little by the center stand. i also had to file the holes to give me about 1/8" slack for the holes to line up. only took me 2 hours for install.

I like it

53dded2e6bd1d1f8e45ab63407461ed1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love this skid plate indeed, had it for over 8 months now. I mostly got it for the light weight and the fact it covers sides fairly high up...

The one criticism I have with it is that the bottom part is very flat, and doesn't really have any reinforcements preventing it from bending inwards... Could have been fixed easily with some kind of metal plate or bar though I don't weld so I'd have to figure some way of making it sturdy :)

bent side.jpg

bent under.jpg

The altrider has a bit more rigidity on the front since its at an angle: additional-photos-altrider-skid-plate-for-honda-nc700x-5.jpg

Skid Plate for Honda NC700X AltRider

Last edited:
Back