• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swing arm end caps

So this is completely useless or extraneous for anyone who installed the OEM or aftermarket center-stand, yes?

So this is completely useless or extraneous for anyone who installed the OEM or aftermarket center-stand, yes?

Perhaps. However it is most useful for those of us who do not have a centrestand.

but a paddock stand comes with brackets for the swing arms anyway ?

I have the flat support brackets but they are awkward to position properly. I also have screw in brackets that are much easier to use if a bike's swingarm has threaded receivers, and they would work well with these aftermarket end caps.

I sent an email MaddTraxx requesting a clarification and will order a pair if the answer is positive.

it should work, the part number for the both swing arm is the same for ctx and nc.

i email them too, they said it should work.

there is some photos on the CTX forum for those that have installed it but i cant find it right now

but a paddock stand comes with brackets for the swing arms anyway ?

correct. that bracket will give way eventually.
look weak to me.
abba stand are the best. I have one but having a centre stand its in hibernation at the mo.

Last edited:
The Abba stand is an interesting piece of kit. Had a look just now. Thanks for the tip.

your welcome Griff.
if you can't get the parts you need to fit your bike.
a local machine shop should be able to knock a pair up for you.
I've used mine about 3 times both yam thundercat and a ER6F.
held both rock solid and easy to use to.

Not really! Could be helpful for mounting some protective spindles, or lights or other accessories. Or maybe you want to increase the ground clearance of your bike by removing the Honda centerstand? Offers some options.

I simply like the idea of replacing the dished out in the centre oem end caps (I'm assuming for strength, and being able to be as thin and cheap as possible) with flat surface ones, because I always end up rounding the heads of the adjuster nuts, when the lock nuts freeze onto them. I can never get a good grip on the stupid things with any of my wrenches. :rolleyes:

If you do not have a center stand you might have to consider this 1000 Lb Capacity Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand
Got this for my friend, looks good and holds his bike firmly. And the best part is that you don't need the spools and spool adapters.
I had that swingarm stand, but without spindles firmly attached to the swingarm, the bike will easily slip off the stand when you exert a little force to your bike while working on it. Been there, done that!

Back