• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tall and needing some tall advice on windscreens

2014nc7xrider

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got me a new 14 NCx and i'm 6'3 so as we all know i'm seeing a lot of wind. I wanted to acquire a few accessories but I decided even though I love the Leo exhaust sound more then life, and new windshield is first in order. I have read more then a few post regarding windshields and some seem to contradicting. So this one is only for the tall guys to weight in on, not to be a hater but if you 5'4 your windshield advice isn't likely going to help me much. So im looking for a wind screen and id like to know what you tall riders think its the best, any advice is much appreciated :cool: and well if this is complete repost and I didn't see it link me to the right place!

That is a good starting post. There are a bunch of debates regarding which is the best windscreen and it almost comes down to preference. I myself have the Vstream with an MRA Xcreen, however looking back on it now, I might should have gone with the CalSci or some other vented screen.

What type of riding do you do most and at what speeds? I mostly commute at around 65 mph so I wanted something very quiet

The link that kgantz posted is good. I bit the bullet and went with a madstad. It is very adjustable so around town I run it lower and on the highway I raise it. looks a lot better in person than in the pics.

Well that post is more about wind noise. I haven't ever had a shield more then 10 inches on any bike to i'm new to actually having protections from the wind. I want to reduce the fatigue on long rides. How tall of a madstad shield should i be looking at seems with all that adjustment I may not need the tallest one anyone know?

The link that kgantz posted is good. I bit the bullet and went with a madstad. It is very adjustable so around town I run it lower and on the highway I raise it. looks a lot better in person than in the pics.

I've got to get a look at that shield, the Cee Baily 22" is fine, but it never hurts to look around.

I'm 6'1" 34" inseam.....went with the 18" sport light smoke Madstad....just fantastic, still have three inches of upward adjust if I want it.

For tall riders, the taller the shield, the better. Parabellum makes a 26" that I've used on 2 bikes and will be getting one for my Motus soon.
Flow over the top accelerates, increasing noise if it hits the helmet. But the rider still needs to see over the top of the shield (about 3-4 car lengths) in order to view the road surface.
I'm 6' (33" inseam) and 26" is about perfect w/my build on the F800ST and NC700XD. Flow over the top of a shield is all that matters; flow everywhere else is irrelevant.

Last edited:
I messaged Madstad on their facebook page before i ordered mine. Im also 6'3" and they recommended a 20" screen. At the time I thought that sounded short, based on the comments I'd read here. I went with there suggestion though and couldn't be happier. I have plenty of room to adjust it, but have rarely had it all the way up.

6'2" here. The guys at MadStad told me a 22" would work good. They were right. I do think you could get away with a shorter one as there's lots of adjustment on a MadStad.
I haven't tried all windshields and would not think any of them could be better than the MadStad bescau they have so much adjustment.

I had a Madstad and it worked well but the shield is too 'busy' for me. It changed the look of the bike w/the heavy black steel panel and all the adjustment steel hardware.
This sounds a little nit-picky to many (or all), but I love the look of a classic tall clear shield and don't even like a smoke screen. But that's just me.

My buddy rode an ST11 in the 00's w/an aftermarket tall shield. It had a very subtle curve at the top. I still have the memory of that shield in my mind like it was yesterday and is the reason for my shield thinking.

The Mad would be my choice if not for my love of the Tall Clear.

I went to madstad to get mine. I ended up with their adventure windshield.
The shield is at nose height, and this is perfect for me. It has angle and height adjustment.
The difference on theirs is they push air up behind the screen. That is what the aluminum mounting plate is for.
This windshield works great for me, nice and calm behind it.
Cody helped me with installation, he came to work on saturday, and tweaked and adjusted on it till it was right.
The adventure screen is wider and the bottim is a little lower, but still tall enough for me at 6'2",with a taller seat.
Call and talk to them, they are a good company to work with.
Terry.

When I bought the NC700X I had the tall windscreen installed. I am 5'10 and it had vicious turbulence right at my helmet line. I installed a MRA smoke windscreen with the additional spoiler blade and once I had adjusted it found that the wind turbulence hits some at my shoulders but not near as much as with the Honda windscreen. I will say when my son rides on back he is noting that there is less wind and as he is 6'6" I think that can give you and idea. Not sure how the spoiler works but it works.

Back