• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Bike is Complete .... A big THANK YOU to this group!

Well done! Good set up for sure but yeah, I agree with the others. It won't be long before you think of the next add-on that you "need". Cell phone mount is what I'm looking for right now ;)

RAM mounts are your friend in this category. Lots of options to cover most possibilities!

How are you guys using your cellphones while wearing gloves? My phone goes black after a while (as I don't have a 12V adaptor yet) and that means I need to take a glove off and pop the screen to get it to work again....
I guess I'm looking at a 12V adaptor.. as well.

How are you guys using your cellphones while wearing gloves? My phone goes black after a while (as I don't have a 12V adaptor yet) and that means I need to take a glove off and pop the screen to get it to work again....
I guess I'm looking at a 12V adaptor.. as well.

I had the same issue which is why I went with the Garmin 660LM and now leave the phone in the frunk. The Garmin is a lot more glove friendly. My set works like this:

Sena Headset in my Helmet <---> Bluetooth Connection to Garmin GPS <---> Bluetooth Connection to iPhone

Calls come in, they show on the GPS and I answer/hang up via the GPS screen. Of course, I can also hear the turn by turn direction from the GPS in my helmet. I don't listen to music.

I install nylon window screen on all my new vehicle radiators cars included.
It is attached on the NC via .032 spring loaded safety wire are light duty for bugs and small debris.
that's good to avoid clogging the vents (good idea for me sense I don't wash my motorcycle) but I'm more concerned about a rock putting a hole in the radiator, only one person has posted here about it happening but the replacement radiator was over $500

One could buy one of the cheap eBay guards and add a strong tight mesh or perf-hole sheet to it if so inclined... that would require very little in the way of tools.

I have an alt-rider guard, seems to work pretty well, though one bug managed to squeeze through it during one of my longer rides where I oft approached 90mph.

Sure its impact was slowed though -- and that guard looks good for off-road pokers ; }

Good effort! I had an '87 VFR700 that was a great bike, but wanted a more upright/luggage capable sport touring bike like the ST1100, only 400# lighter. An 'STV700' woulda been a perfect balance/starting point, but a crash ended that project. 460# wet and 80 hp V4 - was soo smooth.
Your ST700X is a great idea. For your next round of mods consider light bar with bright white LED driving lights (to be seen and back-up for single headlight), better horns (to be heard), a big/cheap removable trunk (simplify carrying stuff), highway pegs (to stretch legs), power outlet for short-lived and frequently used phone/gps/dash-cam (to hear directions/calls/music/record trip). These are the things I have done outside your list that proved to be very useful. FYI - gravel roads are my limit and most of my trips are under 300 miles (so far!).
Enjoy the scoot!

Last edited:
Back