• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The good and the bad on my new NC700X

echo15

Reaction score
Visit site
First, the bad:
1. The seat. This thing is a weapon of *** destruction; after 30 minutes, my boxers turn into an angry thong. I got an Airhawk, so things are a bit better now, but will be researching a new saddle.
2. Suspension. Expansion joints on the highway are almost painful. I can't believe that Honda can't do a better job than this. I have a '77 Bonneville that has a much more supple suspension.... Any advice from the forum will be welcomed.

Now, the good:
1. 75 mpg on the second tank!!!
2. Really nimble handling
3. I like this engine. It is the anti-sport bike mill, but it does what I want with no muss and no fuss...and did I mention 75 mpg?
4. Great ergos

I got this bike for my daily commute (mix of neighborhoods, stop-and-crawl, and interstate), and it is superb for this. Also, I travel & camp on two wheels and she should be great for this.

Welcome Echo, and congrats on your NC. I can relate to the seat thing. I ended up going with one from seat concepts. Hit up my youtube link for how-to's and reviews.

Welcome to the forum. Bought my NCX for the exact same reasons. Commuting, Fuel Economy and Storage. There is a ton of good advice on the board. Plenty to read on seat upgrades and some have done suspension. Search the threads and someone might even post up a link.

Glad your enjoying your bike.

Welcome! the "weapons of --- destruction" was funny. It would seem you have friends in a lot of different states now!

I have found my suspension to be a bit less harsh after 3k miles. I'm up to 4500 now, and down the road, I will do a Racetech upgrade. For now I'm OK with it.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Welcome!!

I suggest forgetting the boxers and going straight to a thong. Your girlfriend/wife will appreciate the new look.

There are several after market seats. Also there is a thread on slope change for the seat. I did the slope change and then added a layer of foam from an old exercise mat with a relief cut down the middle. Not as good as a custom seat but has worked OK.

For the expansion joints look for a couple of threads on suspension mods. Racetech gold emulator valve upgrades on the front forks have good reviews.

welcome from Lotus Land echo15. Enjoy the forums and your new bike. An easy fix for the seat might be a paid of padded bicycle undershorts.

Love BC... spent a summer in Oliver when I was young. I gotta get back there before I die. Already got the bike shorts (learned that lesson several years ago).

Only the second tank huh, I hated the stock seat at first, but it seems to have "Broken in" some with some miles(or maybe my butt broke in to fit the saddle...), now it is tolerable for me anyway, I did raise the front a bit to stop the tendency to slide forward....so you might give it a couple thousand miles and see if it's any better...

I don't have it yet, but I'm flying to DFW to pick it up tomorrow morning. By this time tomorrow (8pm CST), I'll have the bike and have put 300 miles or so on it. Any other riders from the Houston area? Maybe we can schedule a meet up sometime soon and ride some of our favorite roads.

Welcome from The Rock of Gibraltar! ;)

Having a true iron butt helps a lot with first issue... a lack of it usually results with change-my-seat option. :cool:

Back