• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

thinking about switching to yamaha...

The thing is, once you've taken care of it, you have a bike that will go tens of thousands of miles. I wouldn't be surprised if the NC goes well over 100,000 miles with valve adjustments , oil changes and the normals.

I REALLY like my Tenere, but am reluctant to get rid of the NC. It's a cheaper bike to own.

100k miles, original clutch and engine...'

[video=youtube;Isa5aBsoa9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isa5aBsoa9U[/video]

Bro, it isn't that hard to log a 100,000 miles on a motorcycle with the original engine and clutch. My BMW only went about 80,000 on the first clutch, my Honda ST at twice that on the original clutch.

Last edited:
My 2013 Street Triple R had three recalls within the first 8 months of ownership. I still need to call and make an appointment about the starter, but I'm overall satisfied with the quality of the bike.

Every manufacturer, and any one model of bike from one to the next can have problems. Good luck with trying to find a perfect example.

Only you can decide if the issues are worth switching to another. Grass being greener and all that.

100k miles, original clutch and engine...'

[video=youtube;Isa5aBsoa9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isa5aBsoa9U[/video]
Heck, I rode with a guy 2 months ago who had 167,000 miles on his Kawasaki Concourse. I have 75,000 miles on my Suzuki C50 Boulevard, no repairs done on either bike. Someone on this forum has close to 100,000 miles on their NC700x-just not that hard to do anymore, as long as they are ridden moderately and maintenance performed when needed, and yes, the occasional other parts which may need to be replaced. Dang, the Enduro racers changes out parts from race to race-they know certain parts may fail due to the riding conditions they put them thru. You treat any bike as a dirt bike, things are going to break-even the dirt bikes have malfunctions....

come on guys don't you think enough has been said to wildone.
OK he had problems and some of us don't and saying negatives including me has gone far enough.
enough is enough.

Thank you for mentioning it John -good on you

I do believe it would be for the best all round, before too hard feelings and words are exchanged, matters of opinion aside.

Back