• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Throttle Lock Options (2016)

DBLXX

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have the exact part number or size for the magic rubber ring?

Other than Throttlemeister (just too expensive) what options are out there the community recommends?

Thanks !!

I got the aluminum go-cruise, but quite a few here have the cheaper "plastic" one and have had no problems.

I highly recommend a Vista Cruise (unless you have a DCT, which I heard it doesn't fit on)

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/13500-any-input-vista-cruise-controls.html#post192722

As 670cc stated in that thread, these have been around forever. They grip well when adjusted right and allow for small adjustments in speed up and down, which the go-cruise type locks can't do.

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to make small adjustments to the GoCruise. They simply grip enough to prevent the throttle from closing while allowing any adjustment you want. Unlike a pure throttle lock it acts like 1/2 a cruise control in that it sets a speed minimum the bike will not go below yet the rider can roll on a tiny bit to carry speed up a hill then relax and let the bike resume the preset speed. I used the same one on three bikes, 5 years, maybe 68,000 miles. It broke recently and I repaired it on the road by melting the two ends against the catalytic converter then pressing them together.

Last edited:

The Krator looks just like the kuryakan Throttle boss. Slide it down so it's half on the bar end and half on the grip and your throttle will stay where you leave it but you can roll on and off easily. Been using one for over 40,000 miles and wouldn't want to ride without one. Cheap throttle lock and easily uninstallable.

Throttle boss.jpg

Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 6251 Universal Throttle Boss: Automotive

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to make small adjustments to the GoCruise. They simply grip enough to prevent the throttle from closing while allowing any adjustment you want.

With the GoCruise type locks, you can decrease that minimum preset just by twisting it against the brake handle, but to increase the speed it has to be re-adjusted by twisting the throttle and re-setting the it in place... I personally found that cumbersome if I wanted to add an extra km/h. With the Vista, you can twist up or down when it is engaged however you like. I see your point in that having that minimum is nice, but I prefer that minimum to be where I last set it all the time. To each their own.

Now, saying all that, I am beginning to think that my throttle tension might be higher than average as any throttle lock solution I have tried will slip and not maintain the speed I set it at. This is my first bike, so I really don't have anything to compare it to. So, the above scenario and its "hassle" may be a result of that... but it is still pretty nice to just be able to twist it up or down small amounts with ease. Does anyone know if this tension is adjustable?

Back