• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Speed Situations

It can violate any posted speed limit. That is my standard response to the question. Honestly, who cares what number that is? Only Squids worry about that stuff.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

glad to see this post. I love my NC7, but I was a tad bit surprised on the lack of top end. I was able to get her in the 90's on a nice baron road a few times. However, I switched to shinko 705's recently and noticed a decent difference in speed, to the negative (85mph is a build up). Mind you, I have givi 33 trekker's, skid plate, center stand, extended windscreen, some other weight on the bike, but now I would be lucky to break 90 mph. I did a 700 mile trip a few weeks back and it required a bit of downshifting to kick her in the arse on mild hills. kind of wish the power plant was bigger, but I still love the bike.

105mph for some miles (not just peaking at there!) - you can't just rip the throttle and do it, but is a stable platform at that speed when you get there - out in the boonies 80-85 w decent tires is easy and great fun out here

To put things back in perspective, when I bought the NC7X , I knew already that she is good for torque but helpless at top ends.
She is just NOT built for top speeds (although some may change gearing sizes and so on...)
She rocks solid at 30-90kmh where I use her the most often.
And that is what matters really.

I do, however, sometimes crave for more top end, and therefore I am on the hunt for a next bike.

I think most I've ever seen on the autobahn with my 35KW NC700SD and me probably being about 100kg with all gear included is 190kph/118mph. That's indicated speed and with probably a bit of tailwind. I've had headwinds where the bike couldn't even manage 160kph/100mph, which isn't nice but not unexpected either considering the engine output. In my opinion the bike gets up to 150kph fast enough if I'm so inclined and it'll do that speed all day long, so I think the power is sufficient. That said I'd like to upgrade sometime to a bike with at least ~70hp / 50+KW to make it more comfortable to cruise at 160kph/100mph if need be

not me, but I saw this on youtube a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcW7jzkuBmg

Theoretically that speed on the dial* shouldn't be possible on a plain 700X ( max 117mph in 6th @ 6250 RPM ) but it is possible with a 750X (max 124mph in 6th @ 6250 RPM )

Given that it's European, I'm more inclined to believe this is a 750.

*The NC700X does not measure actual road speed using a tire circumference and RPM measured at the tire. I believe the wheel speed sensors depicted in the wiring diagram are for the ABS.
It has a speed sensor near the transmission output shaft ('VS Sensor'), then does its calculations with fixed sprocket sizes and a tire size of 160/60, resulting in the number you see on the dash... Put on a bigger tire, say 150/70, and don't change the sprocket, you will be going 4mph faster than the display number at top speed.

I think most I've ever seen on the autobahn with my 35KW NC700SD and me probably being about 100kg with all gear included is 190kph/118mph. That's indicated speed and with probably a bit of tailwind. I've had headwinds where the bike couldn't even manage 160kph/100mph, which isn't nice but not unexpected either considering the engine output. In my opinion the bike gets up to 150kph fast enough if I'm so inclined and it'll do that speed all day long, so I think the power is sufficient. That said I'd like to upgrade sometime to a bike with at least ~70hp / 50+KW to make it more comfortable to cruise at 160kph/100mph if need be

For me the biggest thing isn't it's top speed but how fast it can accelerate. I like the NC700's power and gearing for that.
For example, I want to pass a line of transport trucks on the freeway or a slow moving farm vehicle on a divided highway and spend as little time as possible in the lane next to them.

0-60 in the low 5's for me, 230 lbs, madstad windshield. 102 top speed slight downhill her in Southern California. Took a while to get there. I wish it were 1000 cc's. The NC700 was the only bike available with a DCT in December 2015 and I did not want to wait around for the AT or the Crosstourer and also pay significantly more money. Still happy with it overall. Really like how it performs around town and through twisty mountain roads. That's about 80% of the riding that I do. It's only OK on the boring Freeway/Highway. Can't ever see me going back to a standard clutch with my wrist problems and my overall satisfaction with the DCT.

Saw a Youtube video of an NC700 doing 120 mph, showed the speedo and all. 0-60 for the American standard version has been listed at 4.9 seconds, and mid 5's for the DCT. Getting accurate times has a lot of variables such as rider skill, drag, elevation and temperature. I have my bike slightly tuned (Boosterplug) and it is noticeably stronger throughout the rev range and have zero problems keeping up with any bike out on the road. The NC is really quick which gives it quite an advantage.

I refuse to think in nor recognise kilometres, I no longer live under the control of the metrics, remembering the day they installed the Euro. Pounds , dollars, inches, quarts, miles per hour. Nice wheelie at the beginning, ....and no NMs torque either , foot pounds!

I refuse to think in nor recognise kilometres, I no longer live under the control of the metrics, remembering the day they installed the Euro. Pounds , dollars, inches, quarts, miles per hour. Nice wheelie at the beginning, ....and no NMs torque either , foot pounds!

To each his own. Me, I'm tired of remembering all the numbers, like 4840 square yards in an acre, 5280 feet in a mile, 128 ounces in a gallon, 2150.42 cubic inches in a bushel. It's just too complicated.

You wouldn't have done well with pounds/shilling/ pence, tanners, farthings, bobs, knicker. It's a conspiracy you know, like passwords, keep it complicated. I think my NC will do 97 mph.

I guess you are going to have to change your name to "Speed" 'cause "Vitesse" is just too darn Euro. :D

110 and yes checked on the GPS which is mounted on my bike as well. Run between my moutain home an SC home I run at 75 mph and still get 68 mpg , and thats bagged out and my 200 lbs.

VFR1200 DCT has been available since 2010

Cool. Didn't know that until now. I was looking for a sit up high style as well. So, even though I didn't know about it it wouldn't be a very good fit for the 6'4", 35 inch inseam, rock solid 230lb beast that I am.:) The VFR is a better fit for smallish riders.

On my 2014 700x I on the regular basis cruise to and from work at around 85-95 for miles at a time with no problems. I have a couple times reached 110 before the limiter kicks in. Normal config is the taller windscreen with the trunk on but no side cases. still get anywhere from 60-65 mph every tank

On my 2014 700x I on the regular basis cruise to and from work at around 85-95 for miles at a time with no problems. I have a couple times reached 110 before the limiter kicks in. Normal config is the taller windscreen with the trunk on but no side cases. still get anywhere from 60-65 mph every tank
85-95mph? I only ask because you put mph instead of mpg= miles per gallon on the bottom and going 110mph on a NC700X sounds a bit extraordinary.

Back