• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Wind Deflectors?

I have them, but I can't say I feel any difference as far as wind. Haven't ridden them in the rain so I don't know if they redirect water or not. Sorry.

Help in the cold for me, seem to suck the heat from the engine better than just the vents themselves. Worked against me in the high heat on one long distance trip. Don't know about the rain. I like them.

So far they seem to work for me in the colder weather (just got the bike in december). I don't feel cold air at the seat . Will have to see if its an issue when the weather heats up.

They do help, I just don't like that there just stuck on with a sticker, and there is a gap at the top of it, on mine anyway.

I just put mine on... when riding and I put my hands down I can feel the air hitting on my leg just to the right of the bone in my leg. So what it is doing is making the air hit the outside of your leg rather than head on and go around both sides of your leg. That will make for a more streamlined ride...and the inside of your leg would probably stay dry in rain while the outside would get wet.

I imagine they may improve your mileage a little bit by making you a bit more aerodynamic and in cold months it would probably keep about 50% of the wind off your legs.

You can tell where the air is hitting if you put your hand up and feel it, especially if your wearing lighter or summer riding gloves. I do this when adjusting the wind deflector I have on my windscreen to make the wind hit right at the top of my helmet to aid in cooling it.

i was thinking to use cheap either hood deflector or window deflector for a car. i'm pretty sure i can find one(for example plastic hood\sunroof deflector that somewhat match honda's curves and just cut it to fit). you can paint them too. the only question-how to attach them to NC. preferably without any drilling\holes. the goal is to install something that will fit,but wider+ cheaper than OEM deflectors. any ideas? anyone tried that?

Thank you!

Last edited:
i was thinking to use cheap either hood deflector or window deflector for a car. i'm pretty sure i can find one(for example plastic hood deflector that somewhat match honda's curves and just cut it to fit). you can paint them too. the only question-how to attach them to NC. preferably without any drilling\holes. the goal is to install something that will fit,but wider+ cheaper than OEM deflectors. any ideas? anyone tried that?

Thank you!

Bemerphile has some really effective wind deflectors. He has a write up on here somewhere about them.

They do help, I just don't like that there just stuck on with a sticker, and there is a gap at the top of it, on mine anyway.

I have both upper and lower deflectors. The tape looks similar to 3M VHB and has a good tact, once cured I don't think they will come off easy. The same tape holds on the saddlebag case covers and they are there to stay. I didn't like the small gaps either but I fixed that with running a small bead of adhesive silicone all around them. (Goes on white, dries clear)

WP_20130709_001.jpg

3M VHB-ok,Thanks! good to know. i also noticed that almost all car deflectors are using some type of 3M product, now i know what that is. why did you seal deflectors with silicon? are those gaps making noise or something?

Thank you!

I installed the uppers and lowers today and while it was pretty easy, I do have some installation notes to share. Most of the work was removing the plastic tape from the stickum. If there is a trick to it, I never discovered it.

The upper calls for a 4mm drill. I didn't have one but the substitute 3.8mm bit worked fine. The clips that fit through were a little puzzling to me, they are similar to the ones holding the manual in the frunk. But I didn't see that right away. I'd recommend taking the pin completely out before inserting it, and only then putting the pin in. Once deployed, it is difficult to reinsert.

The lower doesn't fit snug unless you delete the supplied washer. In fact, the adhesive will not touch. I would have had the same gap Starwise had if I left the washer in.

Back