• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Touratech Springs (front and rear) for the NC-X

My personal experience over the years has taught me that the stiffer springs will help in the dirt. However, sure do make the solo on road ride less comfortable.

Last edited:
Springs are only part of the equation. Lack of damping is another piece.
What are you shooting for in the end result?

i have the springs installed.
makes the bike handle much better: more stable while cornering, better holding it's line in a corner and better suited for two up riding.
would recommend them to anyone

I think doing a rear spring without addressing the weak rear compression dampening would be an oversight, especially going to a stiffer spring on a shock that dosen't adequately control the stock spring, in my opinion.

I think doing a rear spring without addressing the weak rear compression dampening would be an oversight, especially going to a stiffer spring on a shock that dosen't adequately control the stock spring, in my opinion.

Are there any shock options out there tailored for more off-road ability, i.e. greater travel ?

Are there any shock options out there tailored for more off-road ability, i.e. greater travel ?

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...hocks-list-available-brands-models-costs.html

It may be easier than you think to specify a custom, longer travel shock, when ordering from someone like HyperPro/Ohlins/Penske/Nitron/etc., but I haven't seen any NC700X off the shelf models with specific details regarding more travel.

Also something to consider, is the fact that a lot of the overall rear suspension movement is supplemented by the linkage pivot ratio, not just the physical shock travel itself. ie: the shock may only have 2.XX" of physical travel, but it's multiplied by the lever arc in the Pro-Link ratio by a factor of near 3.XX" or so. (I'm guessing, I don't have any hard numbers to offer up, and I suck at algebra lol)

With my Nitron, I added their adjustable ride height or shock length option. While it doesn't add travel, it does allow the ability to increase ground clearance by up to 1" +/-

Sample generic Nitron picture, observe threaded lower mount and locknut:

Nitron-Race-Mono-Shock-Hose-Reservoir-Type-with-hydraulic-pre-load-adjuster.jpg

Last edited:

Not that I am aware of, but I have not looked at rear shock assemblies in several months. When I ordered my racetech G3-S rear shock I asked about suspension travel and they said the travel would be the same as stock. Thats all I wanted to know because I did not want to lose travel, but I did not inquire as to increasing travel.

Have you had any off road/dirt experience with them ? Do you have both the fronts and rears ?

yes i have: since they use progressive springs, this helps in reducing the lack of compression damping in the original shock and fork. giving much more control.

The hyperpro shocks can be ordered as desired.
Their replacement shock already has more travel then the original one, while/when keeping the same height.
But higher models with even more travel are also possible.

IMG_20141014_195139.jpg
IMG_20141014_195218.jpg

Last edited:
I was speaking with the Hagon guy at last weekends San Mateo show. They have a very reasonably priced solution.

This is a copy of the email that I received from them. Them seem very easy to do business with.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The part number for your bike is M61103.

The Hagon monoshock for your bike is $399.00 and we provide free ground shipping within the United States.

Our Hagon monoshock has an adjustment for preload as well as compression and rebound damping linked on a single adjuster.

It comes complete with all tools for adjustment and fitting instructions.

The Hagon shock is guaranteed for 2 years and is fully rebuildable.

We can also supply custom built Hagon monoshocks which include seat lowering options. You can specify reductions in your seat height in 10mm increments from standard to a maximum of 50mm.

Please state proportion of solo/passenger/luggage use and weights of rider(s) when ordering.

If you choose the bigger reductions you may need to modify your side stand as the bike will not lean sufficiently for stable parking. It will also be more difficult to lift the bike onto its center stand.

We can also custom build for heavy rider & passenger, light solo only, harder and softer springs. The price on these custom shocks is $469.00.

Many of our Hagon monoshocks can be supplied with the added convenience of our Hagon hydraulic preload adjuster at a cost of an additional $179.00. This is a great benefit if you are touring.

To order, we would require your full address, contact telephone number and payment details. We accept all major credit/ debit cards.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Christina

Hagon Shocks, LLC
1788 La Costa Meadows Drive
Suite 101
San Marcos, CA 92078
760.510.2758 fax
[email protected]
Hagon Shocks LLC  --  Home Page

Very good news... I am wondering about specs on this shock, ie about overall ride height and suspension travel adjustment.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum after getting smoked off-road by friends on enduro style bikes. I know the NC can't keep up with those style bikes, but I'm wondering how much a few mods like these can help to even the playing field somewhat.

I love the NC, but I wish it had more off-road capabilities to match its looks. Somewhere ala 700GS.

Or else I may wind up looking at the new Triumph 800XRX which I love, but the wife is none too happy at the idea....

yes i have: since they use progressive springs, this helps in reducing the lack of compression damping in the original shock and fork. giving much more control.

The hyperpro shocks can be ordered as desired.
Their replacement shock already has more travel then the original one, while/when keeping the same height.
But higher models with even more travel are also possible.

View attachment 21190
View attachment 21191

Very helpful,thanks it looks like the back of yours is taller just from that picture.

What would you say is your overall ride height change ?

It will never keep up with a enduro style bike even with suspension work. For the money I would invest in tires similiar to theirs and then work on forks, then the shock.

Very good news... I am wondering about specs on this shock, ie about overall ride height and suspension travel adjustment.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum after getting smoked off-road by friends on enduro style bikes. I know the NC can't keep up with those style bikes, but I'm wondering how much a few mods like these can help to even the playing field somewhat.

I love the NC, but I wish it had more off-road capabilities to match its looks. Somewhere ala 700GS.

Or else I may wind up looking at the new Triumph 800XRX which I love, but the wife is none too happy at the idea....

It will never keep up with a enduro style bike even with suspension work. For the money I would invest in tires similiar to theirs and then work on forks, then the shock.

True enough, I don't expect to, honestly. The question I'm dealing with is can I mod it to meet my desires of something better offroad or will my money just be wasted

Back