• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trashcan mods

davidc83

Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Before trashcan mod:

After trashcan mod:
Added windscreen cover and added brushguard covers. Works well, minimal movement at 65mph.

Sorry for the poor quality on the after mod pic-used stupid camera phone.

These mods will only stay in place during the cold, winter months. Come spring, they come off.
Used 2 business office trash cans (purchased 4 of them at Sam's for less than $10).

I am cheap (frugal) and cant justify spending $$$$ for bigger brush guards and larger windshield.

I have the smaller $19 brush guards (purchased from Cycle gear), which have slots in them, and I used those as braces for the larger hand guard covers (did well this past weekend on an adventure ride thru southern Indiana-for every 1 mile of asphalt, I think we rode 2 miles of gravel).

I installed the windshield cover yesterday and went for a quick ride (will ride more this evening after work).

Excellent work! Now, get to work on the trashcan-cell-phone-stabilizer so we can see it clearly.

Sorry, don't own a cell phone (even though I work in IT). The area I live in is a no-zone, black out area. I don't get cell signal, don't have access to cable, free over the air tv signals don't make it to my house; since, no cell signal at home, I don't own a cell phone.

I raised the front of the seat by using Velcro and a screen door handle. I used Velcro and attached the door handle on the top of the seat bracket and placed some Styrofoam cubes in the area (no pressure on the seat tab); cost= $0, already had handle and Velcro in my cabinets (wife is an engineer and a pack rat).

I say more power to you. It's your bike so do what you gotta do. If it saves you money have at it.

Sorry for the poor quality on the after mod pic-used stupid camera phone.

Sorry, don't own a cell phone

...:confused: Can't say I've ever seen a non-cell phone camera phone, myself, lol

And I think his point was along the lines of [whatever type of camera-like device used] image stabilization, *wink wink* *nudge nudge* ;)

If you could stamp BMW on your plastic mods, you could probably sell the hand guards for $149.00 and the windshield for $299.00.

Rode the bike to work this morning; 75mph down the interstate, loved it. The wind goes over my head and no wind hitting the hands. It was great with the temps being 38'F this morning (heat wave over the past week).

I've used trash cans as a source for plastic...it's the right thickness and durability....for the extension to the "Fenda Extenda" on the front.
I'm planning to add some of that same trash can plastic to the $20 hand guards that cycle gear sells from time to time. I'd like to make the existing hand gurards taller and wider but be able to reverse the process.

I usually get these plastic trash cans for $6 at Walmart. Well worth it.

Sorry, don't own a cell phone (even though I work in IT). The area I live in is a no-zone, black out area. I don't get cell signal, don't have access to cable, free over the air tv signals don't make it to my house; since, no cell signal at home, I don't own a cell phone.

How fortunate!

Doesn't the opaque trash can/windscreen block your vision of the road surface ahead of the bike?
I like to see the whole road and surrounding area while riding.

Back