• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tried the new CTX 700

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I had to take my father to an appointment and it was a few blocks from the Honda dealer. We made a stop just to see some of the new bikes up close. I spotted a red NC, it was ok but could have used some metal flake in the paint and for some reason, with it sitting next to a silver NC, it appeared smaller than the silver, optical illusion from the mix of colors. I also had a seat on the CTX, seat being the key word. The seat is impressive compared to the stock NC seat, losing the frunk would suck. It was so low slung and with the pull back bars and forward controls, I just couldn't see myself ever being comfortable on it. I also hopped on the CB1100, it was an instant trip back to 1980 and sitting on my CB750k. I didn't like the chrome fenders, there is a reason why we used to sand blast and paint them...pitted rusty chrome sucks, salt, be it in the air or on the roadway will turn them to toast. I think I would like to take the CB1100 for a spin, it might end up as a second bike in my garage.

So I had to take my father to an appointment and it was a few blocks from the Honda dealer. We made a stop just to see some of the new bikes up close. I spotted a red NC, it was ok but could have used some metal flake in the paint and for some reason, with it sitting next to a silver NC, it appeared smaller than the silver, optical illusion from the mix of colors. I also had a seat on the CTX, seat being the key word. The seat is impressive compared to the stock NC seat, losing the frunk would suck. It was so low slung and with the pull back bars and forward controls, I just couldn't see myself ever being comfortable on it. I also hopped on the CB1100, it was an instant trip back to 1980 and sitting on my CB750k. I didn't like the chrome fenders, there is a reason why we used to sand blast and paint them...pitted rusty chrome sucks, salt, be it in the air or on the roadway will turn them to toast. I think I would like to take the CB1100 for a spin, it might end up as a second bike in my garage.

Totally agree. I would hit the :like: button a few more times if I could, lol. Thanks for the mini report
:cool:

its just regarding the chrome fenders (mudguards) my old goldwing (GL1000 1975)has them and the chrome is absolutely 1st class,,so deep ,,I doubt you could get chrome as good these days... But to be honest I am a lazy sod ,and just cannot be bothered with all that polishing,,,so they stay covered up....

Chrome, if you just got to have chrome, get the new plastic chrome like on the new Goldwing. That stuff is plastic and it does not turn black, pit, or rust. Chrome? I'll take plastic, please!

Back