• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trunk brake light wiring question

CoopaLoop

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. To those of you that have installed a trunk with a brake light, or any other apparatus back there spliced into the brake light wires - where did you splice in?
I have the wiring diagram and know which wires I'm splicing in to, I was just wondering what point of the wires might be the least headache inducing. I'm looking at the point under the passenger seat rear of the fuel tank, but don't know if I'll have enough slack without taking a few more pieces off.
Just wondering what was most convenient for any of you? Thanks in advance.

It might be worth trying a posi tap connector (just search posi tap on the internet they're easily available). They don't do much damage to the wire you splice into (unlike scotch locks) and don't require cutting of the wire in advance - I'd prefer them to cutting and splicing the harness personally.

Cheers

Chris

It might be worth trying a posi tap connector (just search posi tap on the internet they're easily available). They don't do much damage to the wire you splice into (unlike scotch locks) and don't require cutting of the wire in advance - I'd prefer them to cutting and splicing the harness personally.

Cheers

Chris

You know, that hasn't even occurred to me! I do a lot of electrical work on aircraft and can't use that type at work, but it would be much more convenient for this. Have you used them with any success?

You know, that hasn't even occurred to me! I do a lot of electrical work on aircraft and can't use that type at work, but it would be much more convenient for this. Have you used them with any success?

I have not yet dug into the electrical system of the NC as I am waiting on some parts but I have used posi-taps with great success on my other bikes and never had an issue. As Chris wrote, they are far superior to the Scotch-locks or as they are sometimes referred to as "vampire clips" in that they cause much less damage to the wire. I'll be using them to install some electrical farkles on my wife's NC. That said, I do use them sparingly and only when it makes more sense or is impractical to splice into a wire in a more traditional way i.e. solder and cover with heat shrink or add bullet connectors and a jumper.

Back