• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trying to describe the NC

i have found myself throwing out the urban commuter type thing, but a little more touring than a motard. i buy it.
Had a friend ask if it was a motard. Started to say how it's styled like one but is actually more street oriented, when the right term hit me - it's a faux tard. ;)

I describe it as an "adventure styled" bike. If people get it with "adventure", I will stop at it. If not, I will follow up with "kinda like a dual sports but more road oriented".

Well, Honda have the Crosstourer and they have the Crossrunner. They say the NC is dressed like an Adventure bike, but it is not.

Uh, does that make it a Crossdresser?

Well, Honda have the Crosstourer and they have the Crossrunner. They say the NC is dressed like an Adventure bike, but it is not.

Uh, does that make it a Crossdresser?

I'm afraid that your a bit late with that one Lee the Brit press and my so called mates already refer to my Crossrunner as the Crossdresser :). I don't care because I'm really enjoying it

As a former member of the American press, we would never get away with calling the NC that. The Obama appointed FCC head would be all over us for using derogatory terms in print. Some one would be getting a hefty fine, they have no sense of humor there anymore. You can get Away with jokes about religion, but don't cross the line when it comes to lifestyle choices. (all an exaggeration of course)

I enjoy riding bikes where people ask what is that? Between the NC and my super tenere I'm always answering questions when I go out to ride .

I enjoy riding bikes where people ask what is that? Between the NC and my super tenere I'm always answering questions when I go out to ride .

It does make it kind of fun when someone asks and you get to talk about your bike, then it turns into about all the diffrent rides each person has owned, its like getting an instant friend.

I agree that it IS good to mention other bikes even on a dedicated forum. For those that don't want to read about them the solution is easy just go on to the next thread. This is what I do if a thread or magazine article doesn't interest me

Riding through British Columbia last summer I pulled into a gas station and two guys actually stopped filling and just watched, didn't take them long to walk over and throw out the "Hey, is that the......." They must have spent 20 min asking questions and poking around. Makes it an easy way to talk with other riders.

Last edited:
I owned a Yamaha Raider and a Suzuki DRZ400SM prior to the NCX. If I had to describe the NC, I would say if my Raider and DRZ got it on, the NC would be their love child.

After going thru many of the same comments that have been posted in this thread, I like to tell folks that the NC700 is the only "Sensible" motorcycle that I know! :)

When I describe this bike I go straight to the fuel mileage. The whole conversation halts there for a good bit. They I show them the frunk. Not to many questions after that. They are amazed.

It does make it kind of fun when someone asks and you get to talk about your bike, then it turns into about all the diffrent rides each person has owned, its like getting an instant friend.

9.jpg

Simple answer, I made the NC7 fit me, and you can make this bike fit what you want it to do. Yes, this bike is what you what it to be! It is truly your bike!

Smileyreadingbook.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
+1 OCR. My NCX will be what I want, when I'm finished. Honda just gave me a great starting platform.

I usually tell people it was designed for fuel efficient cruising, but you can take it on a dirt road if you have to.
That seems a fair appraisal.

On a side note, most of the conversations I have like this are at "biker" places (Hell's Kitchen or Cook's Corner), and the next thing I get is a list of all the things it's missing ... like shaft/belt drive... blah, blah, blah... I listen politely, but think to myself "yes it could have all that stuff, but it would cost twice as much if it did."

OCR said it well!

Last edited:
I usually tell people it was designed for fuel efficient cruising, but you can take it on a dirt road if you have to.
That seems a fair appraisal.

On a side note, most of the conversations I have like this are at "biker" places (Hell's Kitchen or Cook's Corner), and the next thing I get is a list of all the things it's missing ... like shaft/belt drive... blah, blah, blah... I listen politely, but think to myself "yes it could have all that stuff, but it would cost twice as much if it did."

OCR said it well!

Just take them to some twisty roads. I find that usually quiets them down pretty fast.

Back