• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

undecided about NC700S - need your advice

Going to test ride a S in a day or two, a 2013 mod with 1500 miles on the clock
still got the nobles on the tires, is there anything I should look out for? thinking
more of annoyances, vibes at certain revs that kind of thing, things that you
would rather yours did not do but you put up with as it's the nature of the beast.
I am expecting having to change up early given the 6400 or so rev limit, I have
owed Vello 500's with the same rev limit so am ready for that.

still got the nobles on the tires, is there anything I should look out for? thinking
would rather yours did not do but you put up with as it's the nature of the beast.

Nope, just enjoy the ride. I notice I slight buzz in the pegs when I hit 4k, and that's usually around where I shift too, though sometimes I let her get up to 5k if I want to boogie.
It's a non-issue for me since the S is my first street bike, but be aware of the horn & indicator position on the bar. Since it still has the factory rear tire go easy on the throttle around slow speed turns if the road is wet. I found the rear would break loose rather easily on wet pavement.

Ralph, just ride the thing and see how you like it for yourself. Personally the S handles slightly better to me and I would have purchased a red S if that colour was available in the UK. Both are excellent machines in their own right.

Rode it today and sorry to say I did not get on with it, just one of those things,
one thing I did notice, it responds much better and I mean noticeably so if you
open the throttle slowly, it's as if it would be better with a smaller throttle body.

No cant think why it would need two, it just felt as though the bore
of the body was too big and so the airflow was to slow, could be wrong
but that's how it felt. I have just been reading the running in thread and
it seems the firing pulses that I could feel disapear after it gets some
miles under it's wheels, I did suspect the one I was out on was very tight
at 1500 miles.

Last edited:
I almost bought one of those,Beautiful Bike,but felt top heavy and no room for the wife on back. I have really enjoyed my NC.
It feels light and handles well. Room for the wife on back and it has a "Frunk". To me the power is very similar to the RS. I wanted a low reving engine where you did not have wait on the power.

Back