• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Underseat space clearance for accessories...

supertux1

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I was wondering how much space (height) is available underneath the seat for the installation of electronic modules and other gadgets that are typically installed there on other motorcycles (eg. next to more traditional battery mounting locations.) I am thinking of installing a GPS alarm and the Innov K1 system when I get my bike, but some of those components aren't waterproof and need to be installed in a water-resistant but accessible location. I don't mind lifting a seat but I don't want to pull tupperware off to get to stuff that might need frequent access.

Thanks!

There is very little space there. There are other choices. The easiest is under the rear seat back by the tail light. I installed a alarm system there. Other choices is to put it in strong zip lock bags, zip tie the place the wires comes out, put it in the hidden storage up front on the left and right side of the forks. You should zip tie the bag to other wires that are there so the bag will not fall out by the forks. It takes one screw and one pop out rivet to access it. I store my air compressor, and other things I don't really need access to except on rare occasions.

There is no space under the driver seat. As mentioned above there is a little room in the tail section. There is a small water tight compartment in the bottom of the frunk typically for an owners manual that can be used for a small electrical device or fuseblock. There is space under the frunk if you don't have a DCT/ABS model, but it is hard to access and exposed to the elements.

There is thin space under the side covers for very small electronics but access to that area is time consuming.

By far your best bet is tons of space inside the fake air ducts up front. People mount horns, relays and electrical systems there, or store air compressors, emergency provisions, etc. This space is accessed just by opening the frunk lid and removing a screw or two. The fate of this roomy area is unknown on the 2016 models because the fake air ducts appear to have gone away (since it now has "tough looking new plastics").

All these comments mainly refer to the X model. I don't know as much about the S as its not available in the USA.

Last edited:
Back