• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Upside Down Photo Postings (but not from OZ)

Nofear2trek

Elite Member
Reaction score
Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht t
Visit site
I have noticed that thread posters are still posting photos that end up sideways or upside down after they click the submit button. I don't know if it is device specific, but this is what works to eliminate that problem for me and my iPad.

Before uploading a photo to any thread I first edit it on the iPad by doing a 90 degree rotation, save it that way, and then edit again with a 270 degree rotation (bringing it back to the original orientation) and save it again. Then it is ready to upload to any posting.

Sporadically I used to get those upside down pics on the forum threads, but never have again whenever I first rotated and saved the photos before uploading them. It works for me and my iPad.

Ray

Yeah. I posted about that an hour before. Blame the forum software, blame the phone, blame blame blame.

Internet driving school 101 sure has gotten skipped by a lot of people.

That said, it's not always easy to find stuff on my Android. Or someone else's iPhone. I hate these things. I long for the old days.

Women%2BTelephone%2BOperators%2Bat%2BWork%2B(12).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With iPhone, be sure to take landscape photos with the volume buttons down. This works. Why the other way does not is a bug.

I'm not smart enough to use a smart phone, even if I had one I wouldn't have a clue how to get pictures from it to the forum, so I just use a camera. So I have to wait till I get home and can connect it the computer and then some how (Magic I think) the photos get transferred to the 'puter. And then by more magic I am somehow able to get them posted on the forum. From one time till the next I can't remember how to do it ,so I just click this and that until it works. Here's one of my old slides from 1974, taken with a Kodak S20 126 Instamatic on Kodachrome
img139.jpg

Back